Glance: Do you use it? Do you care for it?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll just like to know if you use Glance or not, and if you care for it.

First, do your Windows Mobile/Phone(s) support Glance?
If so, do you use it?
If not, do you miss it or are you indifferent about it?

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I heard a lot of people saying, "No glance, no deal," type stuff when icon came out. I am on my first phone with glance and it is kinda pointless to me.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I use glance on my L920. I was a big fan of glance going back to my Nokia E71 for so many years. And even my E51 before that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What does Glance do?

It depends on the phone itself. Some have partial Glance and others have full Glance. At a minimum, it tells the time, if you have any alarms and/or quiet hours set, vibration, and your volume settings (if your ringer or phone is on silent). It also shows a couple of notifications for email, missed phone calls, new texts, and apps that you can select to show the status, such as Skype or WhatsApp.

It shows all of that on a black screen, and you can see that without unlocking the phone itself. Full Glance is the same, but I believe you can add Weather and a background to it, if you wanted.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me say first off, I'm a huge Glance fan. Love it, have depended on it.

But now with Band it isn't so much of a do or die. Band extends Glance functionality out. Makes my Glance-less BLU Win HD LTE more tolerable if I set my Glance-enabled 1520 aside.

It is still a feature I look for, however.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Supports it, and i use it lots,no need to unlock phone and have vital info at glance,sure hell beats notification light any day

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When I came over to WP, I didn't know what Glance did, I wish my Icon had it, I'd use it if it did.

I had Glance for the brief couple of months that I was using a Lumia 822. Then I got the Icon. And man, do I miss Glance. Glance is such a simple, but convenient feature. I wish i had it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster