Garmin app for Windows phone

TrubkaB

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, garmin currently does not have the app through which you can connect a windows phone with their devices (e.g smart watches) to show smart notifications (incoming calls, text messages).

I hear there is a "universal app" on Windows 10 that allows you to use other mobile OS applications. Is that true? I hear it still does not work but do you think it could in the future?

Furethermore whose responsibility do you think it is to make such an app? Surely Garmin needs to devopl it but seeing how minor the Windows phone market is compared to IOS and Android do you agree that Microsoft should help them fund the development?

Thanks

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Patience, Young Grasshopper. Hopefully, if Microsoft does not screw the pooch with Windows Mobile 10, your prayers will be answered...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We've been down that 'Microsoft needs to fund/make/maintain' 3rd party Apps for popular services already. It yields very bitter fruit.

As for Garmin, they have enough cash I would hate to see Microsoft bribing them.

The perception that Windows Phone doesn't 'deserve' Apps is driven by a complex combination of factors. Mostly developers are looking at cost vs user numbers. It's hard to attract and retain pioneers. Doing it for them or bribing them too just doesn't get the right commitment going.

There is no easy answer for so many of life's questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb