Second guessing getting the 550 b/c of software

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
(I'm not really sure where to put this, but this thread can be moved to the right place if needed)

I want to start this by saying that it doesn't only go for the 550, the same goes for the 950 and the 950 XL, basically the first batch of Windows 10 Mobile phones. Based on what I have been reading in the forums about what comes preloaded, it seems like it isn't as stable.

I know that software isn't really "stable" but I'm someone who prefers a pretty stable phone experience or at least one that appears to be. It seems like with more updates, then it would appear to be more stable. I don't like being a tester when it comes to my phone experience. I don't know if I should just pass on it, and possibly try the 735* (the lack of Glance makes me sad though :unhappy: ) or give it a chance anyway. Thoughts?

TL;DR version : Unsure about Win 10 Mobile's stability on the new devices, I prefer stability so debating between buying a new 550 or not.

(*=I have a 640 that I really like, but I still would like to try it sometime)

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Because my Icon is first and foremost a work device, I have stayed with 8.1. I figure when my contract is up next July W10M will be vastly improved and I'll buy a W10M phone then. The Icon or the 640 with 8.1 are still great phones!

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
It's plenty stable... 0 crashes on my 950XL, very few crashes on my 640 running the insider preview. For every doom and gloomer there are plenty that like the OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes