A Windows 10 [Not Mobile] Phone?

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This morning, I open up Cortana to get my dose of any major headlines, traffic, weather, and all that good stuff she's made to do. Suddenly, I find this article over from Digital Trends:

SyncPhone Wants To Put Full Windows 10 In Your Pocket | Digital Trends

It talks of the "SyncPhone", a phone powered by Windows 10. Here are some of the specs:

"The 5.4-inch SyncPhone will have a 64-bit desktop architecture, thanks to an Intel Atom chip, and will feature a textured aluminum uni-body. The company is touting three variants of the SyncPhone, along with three different colors ? solar gold, sterling silver and midnight black. The SyncPhone, S, and Pro variants come with 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB of RAM; 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB of storage; a 8, 12, or 20 megapixel camera; and an Intel Atom x5-Z8300, x5-Z8500, or x7-Z8700 CPU, respectively."

They also say that if they receive enough funding, they'll let you dual boot with Android, and for a bit more, even Ubuntu.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this? Does it capture anyone's attention?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It is an interesting idea, but it's hard for me to picture how that would work. Will it not have apps? The idea is really cool though.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i guess they are hedging their bets that UWA (universal windows applications) will take off and devs making more windows 10 apps....
any apps that you can run on Windows 10, should then work on this also.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It is an interesting idea, but it's hard for me to picture how that would work. Will it not have apps? The idea is really cool though.

They want it to run Windows 10 apps and older .exe programs, so it'll have quite a few things it can run.

i guess they are hedging their bets that UWA (universal windows applications) will take off and devs making more windows 10 apps....
any apps that you can run on Windows 10, should then work on this also.

My idea is that it won't run WP8/W10M apps... everything else should work

Last edited:

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, this is a non-starter. You absolutely need mobile design on small devices, which is why W10M shares a lot of code with W10 but not all of it.

On top of that... Renders and actual prototypes are two different things. By the time they actually have something tangible the Surface team will have gotten something out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire