'Create Together': Let's give Microsoft our wish lists

QuaZsar

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Dear fellas,

So Microsoft's 'Create Together' program lets Windows Insiders build their dream smartphones - WindowsCentral.com
And since there are many Microsoft employees amongst us here on Windows Central, let's make this simpler to them:

This thread is a simple wish list for what users are expecting / wishing for the next Lumia (Surface) flagship. I will update it later after we gather posts to conclude the most important features each is expecting Hardware-wise for our next purchase.

My dream phone specifications are:
1- 5.2" - 5.7 ".
2- More built in storage options (32 GB fixed internal storage is not enough, even including SD cards).
3- Lessen the bezels to a bare minimum (think Sharp Aquos Crystal).
4- Capacitive buttons to be back!
5- Front-firing speakers.
6- Metal to be included. I prefer if it was of magnesium alloys like Surface, but more scratch resistant.
7- I am not a fanatic about thinness, but I would rather have a larger battery than the phone getting thinner.
8- 3D touch feature is a good idea, if coupled with the right software additions, like interactive live tiles.
9- Front-facing camera flash.
10- Xenon back flash (enough with the 3 LED thing, it's never going to be a Xenon flash!)
11- To make your upgrade circle for phones in regards to QUALCOMM, so Fans could get the latest and greatest as soon as it's available. (810 processor has been around for a very long time, and the 820 should be out in a couple of months!).
12- Maybe try to put an intel processor in there. Win32 apps could be a game changer on continuum.
13- Display to be super bright, especially in sunlight, and not a PENTILE OLED :/. Look at Samsung OLEDs and LG's.
14- Volume buttons and power alignment is weird on the XL. Stick to the roots.
15- Color options for phones: Cyan, Red, Lime, Yellow, Black and White. They all should be available in Matte and bright color options.
16- First-Party accessories to be available broadly. Hate the fact that finding a Nokia cover for my 1520 was harder than digging gold.
17- To improve the quality of the Lens Glass. Every Nokia phone I've used gets scratched heavily, which marks your photos distorted. Use sapphire on lens glass.
18- Laser-aassisted auto focus for camera.
19- Improve on Iris Scanning. If it remains limited to keeping the phone close to your face, and it not being faster, then they should think about fingerprint scanning, like everybody else.
20- Water and dust resistance.
21- 2 days battery out of the box (no missing with Battery saver, brighteness, etc.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720