Sygic GPS Navigation hesitates and balks on my 950 XL

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
anyone else using Sygic GPS Navigation on either a 950 or 950 XL? on my XL it can't keep up. On the move it keeps pausing, moving really slow and then all of a sudden it'll "rubber band" snap into the correct position. then it'll stop or be slow all over again. Repeat.

I tried my purchased version of Sygic and the new Universal 10 beta, behavior is the same.

Maps works fine, so I i don't think its a problem with the Location service.

Sygic has always worked great on 8.1 and my 1520.

I'm going to try Copilot today to see if it behaves the same way.

mihnat

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the universal windows platform beta version for WP10? If not, try it. Not searchable on the app store. Search on web for Sygic UWP beta to get download link. Daniel Rubino also did WC piece on this version a month or so ago.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the Windows Phone version and the beta universal app, they behave the same way. According to Sygic the problem is the 950 XL.

Last edited:

fgaucher

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,
I have a Lumia 950 XL dual sim on Rogers in Canada. I had purchase Sygic last december (2015). Was running well of to around last march (2016). Since march, Sygic (16.2.4) keeps closing by itself with no error message. I am on Windows Insider. My Lumia is fully up to date. The firmware is also the latest. I tried everything: Reinstall Windows mobile with the official build, reinstall Windows mobile with Fast Insider build, uninstall Sygic, reinstall it. Try with different maps, voice, language etc. Nothing solved the problem. I also Installed Sygic (16.2.4) on my Surface Pro 3 which is running Windows 10 mobile latest version. Guess what ? Exactly the same problem. So it cannot be a problem with the phone or the firmware because I have the save problem on both devices. It may be a problem with the Microsoft Account use to purchase Sygic, or Sygic itself (version 16.2.4) or the maps or.... Anyway, I sent a LOT of message to Sygic technical support. The WORST technical support I saw. No email acknowledgement, when they answer, its a month later, no solution. Very disapointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo