Let's spread some app love!

DrDreadJoy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Headline: Everyone has heard/participated-in complaining about the app gap, but that get's so much attention it ignores the developers that DO have apps and some of them have really great apps. So much negativity and anger. I want to turn that around by injecting something positive out there.

So here's my challenge. We vote on an app and on December 4th, we hound their social media sites with the hashtag #wpappthanks. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, you name it, we post. If we can get half of the regular readers of this site to do this, I think we can make a big splash. I know it's probably not going to get enough attention to make new app be available but I want developers that have supported WP for a long time to get recognition for sticking with it rather than put the spotlight on those who have abandoned the platform. We talk endlessly about the ones that leave, let's praise the ones who are still around.

I think these are the things that should count toward the apps that get nominated:
App publish date
Prominence of the Windows store logo on the company's website
Updated either regularly or recently
Similar or the same features as on iOS or Android (I know this is going to touchy and subjective)

Background on me: Been a WP fan since WP7. My first smart phone was a hand down iPhone 3s from my sister. I had it for 6 months before getting my Samsung Focus. Got a Nokia 900 and then a 920, a 520 when that broke, a 635 when it was on sale, and a 640 XL. I distrust Google and think Apple is too stuck up. I'm with Windows until it dies. I'm frustrated with it, but it's not my life, it's a phone, so I embrace what we've got because I choose to be in team Windows.

So Nominate your apps. I'll nominate the first one.

DrDreadJoy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I nominate Evernote.

It's been around since WP7. One of it's biggest competitors is OneNote but they've stuck around and I love that. I've loved Evernote for a long time.

They link to their site for Windows AppEvernote App Love.PNG

They update their app regularly.

It has all the scan functions with Post-it notes and business cards. It's a great app and I use it all the time.

Who is next?

DrDreadJoy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Welp. 117 people have seen this so far and only amitnahar has replied. Apparently no one else thinks this is a good idea. But you know what. I'm going to go ahead and do it tomorrow anyway. Tomorrow, I'm going to post to Evernote on Twitter and Facebook. I may create a Instagram account if that will do the trick also. If you're reading this, consider joining.

If I get enough attention, I'll move the date so everyone can participate, if not, then we'll do it tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss