Lumia 850: Looks amazing!!! what would be the specs like?

JasonSCarter

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Whenever they come out with 8xx series phone again, it should be:

Snapdragon 6xx series processor
1.5/2GB of RAM
13MP rear camera (heck, or upgrade the current 10MP on the 830, it's an awesome camera and would keep cost down)
2MP front facing camera
Wireless charging removable back plate
16GB storage, with Micro SD card slot

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I hope Lumia 850 would come with Full HD IPS LG display or the same type of display used for Surface Pro 4, and Snapdragon 620, stereo speakers, front facing camera having same unit as Lumia 950, then that would be definite buy for me.
The rendered design of Lumia 850 looks pretty nice, one of the best looking Lumias.

Last edited:

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Whenever they come out with 8xx series phone again, it should be:

Snapdragon 6xx series processor
1.5/2GB of RAM
13MP rear camera (heck, or upgrade the current 10MP on the 830, it's an awesome camera and would keep cost down)
2MP front facing camera
Wireless charging removable back plate
16GB storage, with Micro SD card slot
Why the heck everyone is saying Snapdragon 6** processor only? Snapdragon 615 is not so much good processor, is battery hog, not so much improved graphics over Snapdragon 412, a too much heating SOC, and all other Snapdragon 610, 616 and 617 are only just variation of the SOC.
If Lumia 850 would come, it must have Snapdragon 620 processor, full clocked version. As Microsoft is very good for high pricing for Lumia in low and mid range, Lumia 850 would be no exception, so, except most from it if it would ever come into existence.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It could be even better if they did what OnePlus did with X model, put in "old" 801 or 800, if they are still available they would be probably cheap but still powerful choice.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
No camera button? what a shame. What about USB Type C? Specs etc.

Looking at the shape of the USB port in render, it appears to be Micro USB, not USB Type-C. If that is indeed the case, it would make this device pointless. Makes me wonder, since it has a metal body, was Panos involved here? He seems to hate future I/O, just take a look at the Surface 3 and Surface Pro 4. Both devices that are hobbled by poor connectivity. It's frustrating to see the hardware design team make such poor decisions.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the shape of the USB port in render, it appears to be Micro USB, not USB Type-C. If that is indeed the case, it would make this device pointless. Makes me wonder, since it has a metal body, was Panos involved here? He seems to hate future I/O, just take a look at the Surface 3 and Surface Pro 4. Both devices that are hobbled by poor connectivity. It's frustrating to see the hardware design team make such poor decisions.
Care to explain to me why having micro usb slot is pointless in comparison to type C?

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Care to explain to me why having micro usb slot is pointless in comparison to type C?
Because USB 3.1 type C is to be new standard for all smartphones, tablets and laptops, and it is going to be the new standard connecting universal USB, so, a bit of future proofing. But, know that, no SOC for Smartphones till now support USB 3.1( type 2) transfer rates and it's other technicalities.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Because USB 3.1 type C is to be new standard for all smartphones, tablets and laptops, and it is going to be the new standard connecting universal USB, so, a bit of future proofing. But, know that, no SOC for Smartphones till now support USB 3.1( type 2) transfer rates and it's other technicalities.

And with your last sentence, you just said it would be pointless to have type C. :D
While it maybe would be better to have type c, it may not be great advantage, as phone wouldn't have continuum it won't affect that, OTG is possible through micro usb, and so on.
For sure one connector type in this case doesn't make phone pointless, and for some it would be advantage.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
And with your last sentence, you just said it would be pointless to have type C. :D
While it maybe would be better to have type c, it may not be great advantage, as phone wouldn't have continuum it won't affect that, OTG is possible through micro usb, and so on.
For sure one connector type in this case doesn't make phone pointless, and for some it would be advantage.
Maybe it would be 2019-2020 when we would see full support for USB type-C in every smartphones, tablets and laptops, even in lowest price categories, and, it isn't a deal breaker for now not to have USB type-C.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just hope if they do release the 850, I just want them to have a more varied carrier availability in the US. Since it's a mid-ranger that would be a better option for a wide release then the 950 series. But at this point I think this is just wishful thinking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos