Messaging app still incomplete, or am I just stupid?

TommyOliver

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
So I had to sell my iPhone to pay some bills, so I decided to pick up a Lumia 640. I immediately installed the Windows 10 preview, and so far I like it. The app gap is definitely a thing but not as bad as I feared (though I wish more devs would update their UI from WP7/8 to Windows 10), and the Action Center/ Cortana beats the pants off Notification Center/Siri.

However, I'm really confused with the Messaging app. I can't tell if I'm completely missing something, or the app just isn't finished. My two big issues right now are that I never get any notifications from the app, despite them all being enabled in Settings, and that I can't send pictures/media through it to Skype contacts, nor can I receive them.

Are these things that haven't been addressed yet, or should I be trying to troubleshoot some of this? Any help you can give a W10M newbie would be appreciated.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issues with notifications. Turn off the skype integration and it will usually work a bit more reliability.

As far as skype contacts you cant send media through the messenger app.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
that's the way it is, nothing to see here, wait a few months until they add picture sharing at 320x240 pixels

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Messaging isn't done, it's true.

As for the notifications, they should be working. However, remember that you are using a technical preview (or beta) that hasn't been fully optimized for your low end phone yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett