Anyone use different WP/WM OSes on their phones?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the 550 coming out soonish, and I know that it runs Windows 10 Mobile. I have a 640 with 8.1 (Denim) that I don't want to enroll into the Insider program. Both will use the same Microsoft account.

I'll like to know if there's anyone else in a similar situation and/or if they plan to be, and how's that been for you?

I figure people have various reasons, like work and such, but I doubt I'm the only one considering this. I love the idea of having a phone that just works, just in case, but I'm still excited about the 550.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There were times where I had a 10 and an 8.1 phone on the same account - didn't really see any issues.

Thank you for the fast response. I have another question. If I paid for an app before in 8.1 store, and there's a Win 10 variant, will I have to pay again for the same app? Do you have any experience with this kind of situation?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the fast response. I have another question. If I paid for an app before in 8.1 store, and there's a Win 10 variant, will I have to pay again for the same app? Do you have any experience with this kind of situation?

Unless the app is completely separate from the previous version you'll be fine.

I know a couple apps are clean breaks like the Kakaotalk app for Windows Phone 7 and 8, and how GroupMe for Windows 10 Mobile is separate than the "GroupMe for Windows Phone 8" app. (although they're free in general)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Unless the app is completely separate from the previous version you'll be fine.

I know a couple apps are clean breaks like the Kakaotalk app for Windows Phone 7 and 8, and how GroupMe for Windows 10 Mobile is separate than the "GroupMe for Windows Phone 8" app. (although they're free in general)

That's great to know, thank you!

I use GroupMe a lot, but my concern was with apps like Aeries (that I also use fairly often) that I already paid for once. Since you told me this now, good to know that I'll be alright.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's great to know, thank you!

I use GroupMe a lot, but my concern was with apps like Aeries (that I also use fairly often) that I already paid for once. Since you told me this now, good to know that I'll be alright.

Yup! I've since enjoyed some paid apps as well as IAPaid ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs