WhatsApp scaling on larger screens

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I briefly used a Lumia 1520 few months ago, running a Windows 10 build. Whatsapp scaled really well to the big screen, had up to 10 chat entries visible on the same page, text was smaller and many more lines on the screen than my 830, which is understandable.

Got my 950Xl yesterday and the scaling is same as what was on my 830 (I am at the lowest scaling setting in Display), in fact considering the on-screen nav bar, I can actually see less on my screen than I could on the 830. Text is huge.

Is there something I am missing, or does Whatsapp just doesn't have scaling settings for the 950XL?

edrichcyster

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, also checked the scaling but can't set it smaller. Seems not to be optimized for larger screens like on the 1520. It's not the worst thing ever, but it looks like 8.1 now again. If you find something, let me know? I'll do the same

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, the only thing that works is rooting the phone, installing roottool using the deployment tool from your PC and changing the phone model in registry to match 1520, however, that makes the text unreadable everywhere else in the OS.

Whatever you do, text in WhatsApp is bigger than everywhere else in the OS; so all we can do is wait for WhatsApp to release a new version which includes optimizations for the 950XL screen size

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720