01-16-2016 02:55 AM
93 1234
tools
    What about airplay music player if you are on wp 8.1
    01-05-2016 02:11 PM
    Groove and winamp.
    01-05-2016 02:36 PM
    All my songs are there and the playlists from my iTunes library syncs perfectly (which is the best so I can have the same library and playlists across all my devices in different platforms) . None of the other players I tried managed to import playlists. I'm using it from 6 months, so far no problems.

The only drawback is search takes a long time because all my songs are on SD card.
    01-05-2016 10:44 PM
    What about airplay music player if you are on wp 8.1
    Hurm, I'm using W10M now, so I'm not sure if that app will work on my phone or not. Will give it a try though. Thanks for telling me! :D
    01-06-2016 01:57 AM
    Groove and winamp.
    Is there winamp for Windows Phone/ Windows 10 Mobile? O_O
    01-06-2016 01:58 AM
    All my songs are there and the playlists from my iTunes library syncs perfectly (which is the best so I can have the same library and playlists across all my devices in different platforms) . None of the other players I tried managed to import playlists. I'm using it from 6 months, so far no problems.

The only drawback is search takes a long time because all my songs are on SD card.
    I see. Thanks for your input bro. Guess I'll give it a go again sometime soon.

Btw, does Listen support FLAC?
    01-06-2016 01:59 AM
    I don't have FLAC, so no idea.
    01-06-2016 02:49 AM
    I don't have FLAC, so no idea.
    ah, alright then. Guess I'll have to find out myself. Thanks anyway :D
    01-06-2016 04:35 AM
    Audiotica is a simple, clean music player. It's not just a music player though; hear a song you like but don't have? You can use Audiotica to look for the song and download it from various sources at the quality you desire possible and tag and art matching courtesy of Last.FM and Spotify all straight from the app. Might not have all the features people look for in a music player but I still recommend it. (Sadly doesn't work properly to download music on Windows 10 Mobile :c It's why I'm on Musicus till I find or someone finds a better app with the same or similar feature set)

Musicus isn't as popular but it also has a distinct, cool UI. Also has a similar music search/download feature with tagging in most cases.

Tag Editor is the best app you can get for editing ID3s and album art, and the changes will show in any music player after the fact. It's very simple and also has Tag Matching from either Xbox Music(Groove) and Last.FM for the more obscure songs or if you don't find a result on Xbox Music somehow.
    (EX. You won't find many results for Brian Tyler if you try to use Xbox Music to match tags and art for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse OST :P)
    01-06-2016 05:09 AM
    I bought Extreme Music based on reviews. Got most of the album art, very happy so unpinned Groove tiles with no art from my start screen and replaced with Extreme Music ones, looks great. One problem. ALBUMS PINNED TO START SCREEN DO NOT PLAY. Is there no solution to this problem in Windows 10? Extreme Music is not it!
    01-06-2016 06:57 AM
    Audiotica is a simple, clean music player. It's not just a music player though; hear a song you like but don't have? You can use Audiotica to look for the song and download it from various sources at the quality you desire possible and tag and art matching courtesy of Last.FM and Spotify all straight from the app. Might not have all the features people look for in a music player but I still recommend it. (Sadly doesn't work properly to download music on Windows 10 Mobile :c It's why I'm on Musicus till I find or someone finds a better app with the same or similar feature set)

Musicus isn't as popular but it also has a distinct, cool UI. Also has a similar music search/download feature with tagging in most cases.

Tag Editor is the best app you can get for editing ID3s and album art, and the changes will show in any music player after the fact. It's very simple and also has Tag Matching from either Xbox Music(Groove) and Last.FM for the more obscure songs or if you don't find a result on Xbox Music somehow.
    (EX. You won't find many results for Brian Tyler if you try to use Xbox Music to match tags and art for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse OST :P)
    I've tried using Audiotica recently, and as much as I love the features, I'm not willing enough to pay subscription for it (I'm still a student btw, so yeah). But tbh, the app does look cool, and I believe its UI has improved greatly from the time I first tried using it (which was many months ago).

And yeah, I've previously used Tag Editor, but I find it much better and easier to just edit the tags or add the album artwork to my mp3 files through my PC, specifically using a software called Mp3tag.

But that's my problem. Most of the music app that I've used in Windows 10 Mobile doesn't correctly detect the embedded artwork that I've added into my mp3 files, which really frustrates me. Those that do detect it correctly has performance issues like lags, slow launching, etc. So far, only Aki Music performs well for me, but it doesn't have features like FLAC support, gapless playback, Last.FM scrobbling and whatnot, but according to the dev, the features will be coming soon, which is fair as the app was released very recently (it's only a few months old).

Haven't tried Musicus though. Does the app play your local music files, or is it only for streaming music like Spotify or Xbox/Groove Music Pass?
    01-06-2016 07:03 AM
    I bought Extreme Music based on reviews. Got most of the album art, very happy so unpinned Groove tiles with no art from my start screen and replaced with Extreme Music ones, looks great. One problem. ALBUMS PINNED TO START SCREEN DO NOT PLAY. Is there no solution to this problem in Windows 10? Extreme Music is not it!
    Ikr? Tbh, only Groove music performs reaally good on W10M, but the album art detection on that app is reaally bad as well >.<
    01-06-2016 07:30 AM
    I've tried using Audiotica recently, and as much as I love the features, I'm not willing enough to pay subscription for it (I'm still a student btw, so yeah). But tbh, the app does look cool, and I believe its UI has improved greatly from the time I first tried using it (which was many months ago).

And yeah, I've previously used Tag Editor, but I find it much better and easier to just edit the tags or add the album artwork to my mp3 files through my PC, specifically using a software called Mp3tag.

But that's my problem. Most of the music app that I've used in Windows 10 Mobile doesn't correctly detect the embedded artwork that I've added into my mp3 files, which really frustrates me. Those that do detect it correctly has performance issues like lags, slow launching, etc. So far, only Aki Music performs well for me, but it doesn't have features like FLAC support, gapless playback, Last.FM scrobbling and whatnot, but according to the dev, the features will be coming soon, which is fair as the app was released very recently (it's only a few months old).

Haven't tried Musicus though. Does the app play your local music files, or is it only for streaming music like Spotify or Xbox/Groove Music Pass?
    I got Audiotica for free so you lost me there on the subscription bit.
    Musicus plays local files yes, whether you can hook onedrive into it is another story
    01-06-2016 09:42 AM
    You guys should try out Music Locker, was my favourite when I was using Windows Phone. Supports FLAC, supports streaming from OneDrive, nice UI and the most important for me, it supports playlist-formats, so I can use all my playlists I use on desktop.
    01-06-2016 12:37 PM
    I got Audiotica for free so you lost me there on the subscription bit.
    Musicus plays local files yes, whether you can hook onedrive into it is another story
    Oh wow, how did you get it for free? Urm, from what I understand, Audiotica asked me to register and pay some sort of subscription to enjoy certain functions like streaming, downloading, etc. And also there's a guaranteed support from the support team and other Audiotica users or something. So, yeah.

Hurm, maybe I'll give Musicus a try. Thanks for sharing though. And if you manage to find other good apps, do share it with us here. Thanks! :D
    01-07-2016 12:59 AM
    You guys should try out Music Locker, was my favourite when I was using Windows Phone. Supports FLAC, supports streaming from OneDrive, nice UI and the most important for me, it supports playlist-formats, so I can use all my playlists I use on desktop.
    I've tried it out, but somehow during the scanning part the app gives an error or something like "Memory finished". I'm using it on a Lumia 830 running W10M though. Did you use it on WP8.1 or what?

Also, since you said "when I was using Windows Phone", do you mean you've left WP? T~T
    01-07-2016 01:04 AM
    Oh wow, how did you get it for free? Urm, from what I understand, Audiotica asked me to register and pay some sort of subscription to enjoy certain functions like streaming, downloading, etc. And also there's a guaranteed support from the support team and other Audiotica users or something. So, yeah.

Hurm, maybe I'll give Musicus a try. Thanks for sharing though. And if you manage to find other good apps, do share it with us here. Thanks! :D
    I don't know then xD
    I may have gotten it at some point during a limited time offer like when apps are made free through myAppFree. Beats me, all i know is ive used it and didnt have to pay.

I think the ui for Musicus looks nice, you might like it, also has lyrics in now playing which is very nice.
    01-07-2016 07:57 AM
    I've tried it out, but somehow during the scanning part the app gives an error or something like "Memory finished". I'm using it on a Lumia 830 running W10M though. Did you use it on WP8.1 or what?

Also, since you said "when I was using Windows Phone", do you mean you've left WP? T~T
    Hm, I didn't have that bug, I used it both on W8.1 and before I left windows phone I had latest W10 build, and app worked there as well. Also had an 830, lol. :)

Well, yes I left windows phone, couldn't stand it anymore due to apps were so poor, phone slow. But the main reason I left is because I RMA'd my phone about 8 times, then finally got my money back, for a phone that was getting dead pixels every other month. Now I am back to Android, and I must say, I don't miss my Lumia 830 at all... Moved from always having Android to a Lumia 830 to try windows phone for ''smooth'' OS as all told me, but I was very dissapointed, Android is smoother for me, and A LOT faster, I mean, my S6 flies compared to my 830. :)

Sorry for TL:DR, but just wanted to told the whole story why I left. :)

I really hope W10 will become better in some years, I really like the UI more than Android. But it got so FAR to go before it's even useable for me, sadly...
    Greg Wenzler likes this.
    01-07-2016 09:51 AM
    i use groove music seem to work just fine. i only play my own stuff, im not inn to the whole streaming thing for music.
    01-07-2016 03:27 PM
    MixRadio for me
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    01-07-2016 05:59 PM
    I don't know then xD
    I may have gotten it at some point during a limited time offer like when apps are made free through myAppFree. Beats me, all i know is ive used it and didnt have to pay.

I think the ui for Musicus looks nice, you might like it, also has lyrics in now playing which is very nice.
    +830 . Tried it last night, and its UI is really great! Love that auto lyrics feature!

But performance-wise.. I'm not sure. It's as if the app is repeatedly scanning for music files on my phone everytime I launch the app or resume it from the background, which irritates me a bit (and up to a certain extent, the app crashes as I was scrolling through my whole lists of songs. Really unhappy with that :( )

In the end, I guess the app's just wasn't for me as it doesn't have that much features as compared to others (and I'm not really a fan of downloading songs through an app. I prefer downloading songs on my own though, wanted to make sure they're of excellent quality (a bit of an audiophile, I am).

So yeah. Given the performance of the app, I'd rather use Groove.

If only Groove could detect my album arts correctly
    01-07-2016 08:22 PM
    Hm, I didn't have that bug, I used it both on W8.1 and before I left windows phone I had latest W10 build, and app worked there as well. Also had an 830, lol. :)

Well, yes I left windows phone, couldn't stand it anymore due to apps were so poor, phone slow. But the main reason I left is because I RMA'd my phone about 8 times, then finally got my money back, for a phone that was getting dead pixels every other month. Now I am back to Android, and I must say, I don't miss my Lumia 830 at all... Moved from always having Android to a Lumia 830 to try windows phone for ''smooth'' OS as all told me, but I was very dissapointed, Android is smoother for me, and A LOT faster, I mean, my S6 flies compared to my 830. :)

Sorry for TL:DR, but just wanted to told the whole story why I left. :)

I really hope W10 will become better in some years, I really like the UI more than Android. But it got so FAR to go before it's even useable for me, sadly...
    Ahh, I see. Tbh, it doesn't seem that fair to compare a flagship S6 to a mid-range 830, but that's just my opinion. I know how much WP fans have exaggerated on how smooth WP's OS is (well, it was during the days of WP8.0. But that OS barely had any features like Action Centre, etc.). So yeah, I understand your situation.

Back on the topic of music players though. I have absolutely ZERO idea why MusicLocker keeps crashing on me when it's scanning for my music lol. I really wanted to give it a go, but since the app couldn't even pass the first hurdle (to find my music files), I just deemed it unusable.

But before that, may I ask you some questions?
    1) How many songs did you put on your phone when you're using the app? I'm asking this because maybe that 'memory overload' bug is caused by my 600++ songs, which I don't think is too much for a music app to handle.
    2) Did you have any FLAC music files on your phone? I have some, so I'm not sure if that's the cause of the bug.
    01-07-2016 08:28 PM
    i use groove music seem to work just fine. i only play my own stuff, im not inn to the whole streaming thing for music.
    Well, I myself am not into streaming and whatnot. I just want a music player that plays my local music files, has good performance, and is able to detect the album art of my music files correctly. Groove failed on the last one though, at least, for me. :(
    01-07-2016 08:29 PM
    Well, I myself am not into streaming and whatnot. I just want a music player that plays my local music files, has good performance, and is able to detect the album art of my music files correctly. Groove failed on the last one though, at least, for me. :(
    Well, even though others have said they had problems with Perfect Music it has worked Perfectly for me. On top of that it has something I haven't seen any other music players do, option to change or set a custom background. I'm a hopeless romantic so I had to put my fianc as the background. I think that's the main reason I like the app. xD But it has all the basics down and even a rudimentary tag editor to boot, along with lyrics and in app volume and a blinder bar to change background brightness. Nonetheless I think it's got a pretty UI for a music app.
    01-07-2016 11:44 PM
    I'm with you on that. I have tried so much players but grove is better IMHO.
    01-08-2016 07:32 AM
93 1234