01-16-2016 03:55 AM
93 1234
tools
    Well, even though others have said they had problems with Perfect Music it has worked Perfectly for me. On top of that it has something I haven't seen any other music players do, option to change or set a custom background. I'm a hopeless romantic so I had to put my fianc as the background. I think that's the main reason I like the app. xD But it has all the basics down and even a rudimentary tag editor to boot, along with lyrics and in app volume and a blinder bar to change background brightness. Nonetheless I think it's got a pretty UI for a music app.
    I've tried Perfect Music before. It was good while it lasted lol. Because the 2nd day of using the app, it lagged so much I just couldn't. After spending more time with it, the app lags, freezes, then crashes.

Up until now, I've never used it again. :(

Btw, if customizing background theme is your thing, you could try MusicLocker. I'm trying it now, and I found the app to be surprisingly good (no streaming like Spotify or Audiotica though) and there is a function to customize the background picture of the app.
    01-08-2016 11:40 AM
    I'm with you on that. I have tried so much players but grove is better IMHO.
    Ikr? Groove is so good on W10M. It launches very quickly, and is very smooth to use. Making playlist has been so simplified in the app, and everything just works EXCEPT the album art detection.

Hope the Groove team fixes this soon :(
    01-08-2016 11:42 AM
    Decided to try out Aki music. The app description says it support OneDrive but I don't see an option anywhere in the app. Anyone know how to get OneDrive music to play in Aki?

Edit

Looks like OneDrive is only available on the Windows 8.1/10 app. :(
    Last edited by HeyCori; 01-08-2016 at 10:23 PM.
    01-08-2016 03:40 PM
    Decided to try out Aki music. The app description says it support OneDrive but I don't see an option anywhere in the app. Anyone know how to get OneDrive music to play in Aki?

Edit

Looks like OneDrive is only available on the Windows 8.1/10 app. :(
    Dude, try out MusicLocker. I've been using it these past few days, and so far, it's been delivering! Performance was great (almost on-par with Groove), detects album art correctly, has Last.fm scrobbling and OneDrive streaming function, and it plays FLAC!

So far, the app has been good. So I'd suggest you to give it a try :D
    HeyCori likes this.
    01-08-2016 11:47 PM
    I'm moving from Spotify to Groove. Groove has come a long way and now is closer to competitive, especially because I can play my own tracks from OneDrive.
    01-09-2016 12:06 AM
    Dude, try out MusicLocker. I've been using it these past few days, and so far, it's been delivering! Performance was great (almost on-par with Groove), detects album art correctly, has Last.fm scrobbling and OneDrive streaming function, and it plays FLAC!

So far, the app has been good. So I'd suggest you to give it a try :D
    Thanks for the rec, definitely going to try it out.
    Ariel Takom likes this.
    01-09-2016 12:09 AM
    I'm moving from Spotify to Groove. Groove has come a long way and now is closer to competitive, especially because I can play my own tracks from OneDrive.
    Have you tried the recently updated Groove? I'm not sure why, but the app seems a bit broken now. I was playing music from a playlist, then suddenly on one of the music, the sound disappears but the timer for that music is still ongoing. I played the next track, and the music were playing correctly. Then i press the backwards button to play the previous song (which the music went silent) and it now plays normally.

Then, after a few more songs, suddenly the app played some broken tune. It sounded awful. I repeated what I did for the song that didn't made any sound, and the song played normally again.

This happens at random though, and only after I downloaded the latest update. So I'm pretty sure it will be fixed soon.

Also, my only problem with Groove is the fact that it won't detect/display my album art correctly. It took me a lot of effort to manually embed all those artwork images to my mp3 files, and all I could see is an album art for album A being displayed on album C, D, E, F etc.

Btw, you may want to try MusicLocker. The app provides OneDrive streaming, so it might suit your needs. It's good good performance, and detects album art correctly as well.
    01-09-2016 08:06 AM
    Thanks for the rec, definitely going to try it out.
    You're welcome. Let me know what you think of the app. I'm loving it so far, only wished it allowed us to use our phone's accent colour instead of the default purple colour. :(
    01-09-2016 08:07 AM
    I've tried Perfect Music before. It was good while it lasted lol. Because the 2nd day of using the app, it lagged so much I just couldn't. After spending more time with it, the app lags, freezes, then crashes.

Up until now, I've never used it again. :(

Btw, if customizing background theme is your thing, you could try MusicLocker. I'm trying it now, and I found the app to be surprisingly good (no streaming like Spotify or Audiotica though) and there is a function to customize the background picture of the app.
    Can you view the lyrics in music locker of the currently playing song?

I haven't had any problems as of yet, maybe I'm just fortunate -shrugs- I don't know. But if I ever do run into issues at some point I'll try Music Locker.
    01-09-2016 08:40 AM
    Can you view the lyrics in music locker of the currently playing song?

I haven't had any problems as of yet, maybe I'm just fortunate -shrugs- I don't know. But if I ever do run into issues at some point I'll try Music Locker.
    Unfortunately it can't lol. For that function, I suggest you look at Listen, Musicus, or musiXmatch.

As of now, I still haven't found any issue with the app. It's been good so far. My only complaint is that I can't change the accent colour of the app to follow my phone's accent colour. :(
    01-09-2016 01:17 PM
    You're welcome. Let me know what you think of the app. I'm loving it so far, only wished it allowed us to use our phone's accent colour instead of the default purple colour. :(
    I'm impressed so far. It works exactly as described. I think the UI could be just a tad prettier, maybe a little snazzier, but so far it works fine. It did take a long time to scan for songs. Not a huge issue, though.
    01-09-2016 06:08 PM
    I'm impressed so far. It works exactly as described. I think the UI could be just a tad prettier, maybe a little snazzier, but so far it works fine. It did take a long time to scan for songs. Not a huge issue, though.
    How large was your music library? I had 600+ tracks on my phone, and it took about 3-5 minutes to scan everything.
    01-10-2016 02:37 AM
    Somewhere around 1550.
    01-10-2016 07:11 AM
    Somewhere around 1550.
    Wow O_O

How long did it took to scan your songs? :V
    01-10-2016 09:53 AM
    Wow O_O

How long did it took to scan your songs? :V
    Realistically, it probably took 10-15 minutes. In my head it took forever.
    01-10-2016 10:33 AM
    Realistically, it probably took 10-15 minutes. In my head it took forever.
    Considering you had 1500++ songs, no wonder it took so long lmao

well, enjoy your new music app. I really think music locker is the one, but I'm still waiting to see if there are others lol. For now, it is clearly the better replacement over Groove.
    HeyCori likes this.
    01-10-2016 03:07 PM
    I use VLC, works great
    01-10-2016 03:29 PM
    Considering you had 1500++ songs, no wonder it took so long lmao
    Maybe I've spoken too soon. I added another song to OneDrive and Music Locker had to rescan everything. 40 minutes in and it's not even close to being done.
    01-11-2016 12:57 PM
    I use VLC, works great
    Are you using it on W10M? I've tried that app on WP8.1, horrible experience for me. The app kept crashing after launch. The only way to open the app is to restart my phone, then only it would launch. But after the first launching, the app will crash again. So if I want to use the app, I basically have to restart my phone every time, which is absolutely stupid if you ask me.

But then again, that was about... 3, 4 months ago? Not sure how long it's been since I've tried that app. Has it been optimized for W10M?
    01-12-2016 04:43 AM
    I use my app : musi.k

Fast navigation and controls, quick playlist system, supports FLAC, and more features ...
    01-12-2016 04:51 AM
    Maybe I've spoken too soon. I added another song to OneDrive and Music Locker had to rescan everything. 40 minutes in and it's not even close to being done.
    I thought there was an option to scan your device or your OneDrive? That's weird tho. I added a few songs to my collection a few days ago, and choose the 'scan my device'. The scan lasted for a minute or less, and my songs were detected correctly.

But yours is a different case I guess. I don't store my music in OneDrive so I can't say for sure.
    01-12-2016 04:52 AM
    I use my app : musi.k

Fast navigation and controls, quick playlist system, supports FLAC, and more features ...
    so you're the dev of that app? Ok, I'll download it later and have a go at it. Thanks for recommending! :D
    Btw, is it optimized for W10M? I'm using W10M now (which made this post kind of in the wrong section), so yeah..
    01-12-2016 04:53 AM
    so you're the dev of that app? Ok, I'll download it later and have a go at it. Thanks for recommending! :D
    Btw, is it optimized for W10M? I'm using W10M now (which made this post kind of in the wrong section), so yeah..
    Thanks, yes I'm the dev, so don't hesitate if you have some suggestions or recommandations for improve the app. (I will create a thread when I'll reach the post's count to 10)

The app was developed for WP 8.1 but I have arrange it for W10M and it's working like a charm.
    01-12-2016 05:00 AM
    I use Groove. It just bugs me that i spend so long getting artwork and then Groove only displays some of it and the others the "generic full screen" pic of the artist. While artwork is just a square and no full screen!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-12-2016 05:32 AM
    yea i know it finds sahg its smalll band from my town but it cant find the ramones
    but they can most likely fix that
    01-12-2016 12:07 PM
93 1234