What Music Player Are You Using (For WP/W10M)?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
You guys should try out Music Locker, was my favourite when I was using Windows Phone. Supports FLAC, supports streaming from OneDrive, nice UI and the most important for me, it supports playlist-formats, so I can use all my playlists I use on desktop.

I've tried it out, but somehow during the scanning part the app gives an error or something like "Memory finished". I'm using it on a Lumia 830 running W10M though. Did you use it on WP8.1 or what?

Also, since you said "when I was using Windows Phone", do you mean you've left WP? T~T

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow, how did you get it for free? Urm, from what I understand, Audiotica asked me to register and pay some sort of subscription to enjoy certain functions like streaming, downloading, etc. And also there's a guaranteed support from the support team and other Audiotica users or something. So, yeah.

Hurm, maybe I'll give Musicus a try. Thanks for sharing though. And if you manage to find other good apps, do share it with us here. Thanks! :D
I don't know then xD
I may have gotten it at some point during a limited time offer like when apps are made free through myAppFree. Beats me, all i know is ive used it and didnt have to pay.

I think the ui for Musicus looks nice, you might like it, also has lyrics in now playing which is very nice.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've tried it out, but somehow during the scanning part the app gives an error or something like "Memory finished". I'm using it on a Lumia 830 running W10M though. Did you use it on WP8.1 or what?

Also, since you said "when I was using Windows Phone", do you mean you've left WP? T~T

Hm, I didn't have that bug, I used it both on W8.1 and before I left windows phone I had latest W10 build, and app worked there as well. Also had an 830, lol. :)

Well, yes I left windows phone, couldn't stand it anymore due to apps were so poor, phone slow. But the main reason I left is because I RMA'd my phone about 8 times, then finally got my money back, for a phone that was getting dead pixels every other month. Now I am back to Android, and I must say, I don't miss my Lumia 830 at all... Moved from always having Android to a Lumia 830 to try windows phone for ''smooth'' OS as all told me, but I was very dissapointed, Android is smoother for me, and A LOT faster, I mean, my S6 flies compared to my 830. :)

Sorry for TL:DR, but just wanted to told the whole story why I left. :)

I really hope W10 will become better in some years, I really like the UI more than Android. But it got so FAR to go before it's even useable for me, sadly...

alexx17

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
i use groove music seem to work just fine. i only play my own stuff, im not inn to the whole streaming thing for music.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't know then xD
I may have gotten it at some point during a limited time offer like when apps are made free through myAppFree. Beats me, all i know is ive used it and didnt have to pay.

I think the ui for Musicus looks nice, you might like it, also has lyrics in now playing which is very nice.

+830 . Tried it last night, and its UI is really great! Love that auto lyrics feature!

But performance-wise.. I'm not sure. It's as if the app is repeatedly scanning for music files on my phone everytime I launch the app or resume it from the background, which irritates me a bit (and up to a certain extent, the app crashes as I was scrolling through my whole lists of songs. Really unhappy with that :( )

In the end, I guess the app's just wasn't for me as it doesn't have that much features as compared to others (and I'm not really a fan of downloading songs through an app. I prefer downloading songs on my own though, wanted to make sure they're of excellent quality (a bit of an audiophile, I am).

So yeah. Given the performance of the app, I'd rather use Groove.

If only Groove could detect my album arts correctly :angry:

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hm, I didn't have that bug, I used it both on W8.1 and before I left windows phone I had latest W10 build, and app worked there as well. Also had an 830, lol. :)

Well, yes I left windows phone, couldn't stand it anymore due to apps were so poor, phone slow. But the main reason I left is because I RMA'd my phone about 8 times, then finally got my money back, for a phone that was getting dead pixels every other month. Now I am back to Android, and I must say, I don't miss my Lumia 830 at all... Moved from always having Android to a Lumia 830 to try windows phone for ''smooth'' OS as all told me, but I was very dissapointed, Android is smoother for me, and A LOT faster, I mean, my S6 flies compared to my 830. :)

Sorry for TL:DR, but just wanted to told the whole story why I left. :)

I really hope W10 will become better in some years, I really like the UI more than Android. But it got so FAR to go before it's even useable for me, sadly...

Ahh, I see. Tbh, it doesn't seem that fair to compare a flagship S6 to a mid-range 830, but that's just my opinion. I know how much WP fans have exaggerated on how smooth WP's OS is (well, it was during the days of WP8.0. But that OS barely had any features like Action Centre, etc.). So yeah, I understand your situation.

Back on the topic of music players though. I have absolutely ZERO idea why MusicLocker keeps crashing on me when it's scanning for my music lol. I really wanted to give it a go, but since the app couldn't even pass the first hurdle (to find my music files), I just deemed it unusable.

But before that, may I ask you some questions?
1) How many songs did you put on your phone when you're using the app? I'm asking this because maybe that 'memory overload' bug is caused by my 600++ songs, which I don't think is too much for a music app to handle.
2) Did you have any FLAC music files on your phone? I have some, so I'm not sure if that's the cause of the bug.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
i use groove music seem to work just fine. i only play my own stuff, im not inn to the whole streaming thing for music.

Well, I myself am not into streaming and whatnot. I just want a music player that plays my local music files, has good performance, and is able to detect the album art of my music files correctly. Groove failed on the last one though, at least, for me. :(

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, I myself am not into streaming and whatnot. I just want a music player that plays my local music files, has good performance, and is able to detect the album art of my music files correctly. Groove failed on the last one though, at least, for me. :(

Well, even though others have said they had problems with Perfect Music it has worked Perfectly for me. On top of that it has something I haven't seen any other music players do, option to change or set a custom background. I'm a hopeless romantic so I had to put my fianc? as the background. I think that's the main reason I like the app. xD But it has all the basics down and even a rudimentary tag editor to boot, along with lyrics and in app volume and a blinder bar to change background brightness. Nonetheless I think it's got a pretty UI for a music app.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, even though others have said they had problems with Perfect Music it has worked Perfectly for me. On top of that it has something I haven't seen any other music players do, option to change or set a custom background. I'm a hopeless romantic so I had to put my fianc? as the background. I think that's the main reason I like the app. xD But it has all the basics down and even a rudimentary tag editor to boot, along with lyrics and in app volume and a blinder bar to change background brightness. Nonetheless I think it's got a pretty UI for a music app.

I've tried Perfect Music before. It was good while it lasted lol. Because the 2nd day of using the app, it lagged so much I just couldn't. After spending more time with it, the app lags, freezes, then crashes.

Up until now, I've never used it again. :(

Btw, if customizing background theme is your thing, you could try MusicLocker. I'm trying it now, and I found the app to be surprisingly good (no streaming like Spotify or Audiotica though) and there is a function to customize the background picture of the app.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you on that. I have tried so much players but grove is better IMHO.

Ikr? Groove is so good on W10M. It launches very quickly, and is very smooth to use. Making playlist has been so simplified in the app, and everything just works EXCEPT the album art detection.

Hope the Groove team fixes this soon :(

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Decided to try out Aki music. The app description says it support OneDrive but I don't see an option anywhere in the app. Anyone know how to get OneDrive music to play in Aki?

Edit

Looks like OneDrive is only available on the Windows 8.1/10 app. :(

Last edited:

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Decided to try out Aki music. The app description says it support OneDrive but I don't see an option anywhere in the app. Anyone know how to get OneDrive music to play in Aki?

Edit

Looks like OneDrive is only available on the Windows 8.1/10 app. :(

Dude, try out MusicLocker. I've been using it these past few days, and so far, it's been delivering! Performance was great (almost on-par with Groove), detects album art correctly, has Last.fm scrobbling and OneDrive streaming function, and it plays FLAC!

So far, the app has been good. So I'd suggest you to give it a try :D

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I'm moving from Spotify to Groove. Groove has come a long way and now is closer to competitive, especially because I can play my own tracks from OneDrive.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude, try out MusicLocker. I've been using it these past few days, and so far, it's been delivering! Performance was great (almost on-par with Groove), detects album art correctly, has Last.fm scrobbling and OneDrive streaming function, and it plays FLAC!

So far, the app has been good. So I'd suggest you to give it a try :D

Thanks for the rec, definitely going to try it out.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm moving from Spotify to Groove. Groove has come a long way and now is closer to competitive, especially because I can play my own tracks from OneDrive.

Have you tried the recently updated Groove? I'm not sure why, but the app seems a bit broken now. I was playing music from a playlist, then suddenly on one of the music, the sound disappears but the timer for that music is still ongoing. I played the next track, and the music were playing correctly. Then i press the backwards button to play the previous song (which the music went silent) and it now plays normally.

Then, after a few more songs, suddenly the app played some broken tune. It sounded awful. I repeated what I did for the song that didn't made any sound, and the song played normally again.

This happens at random though, and only after I downloaded the latest update. So I'm pretty sure it will be fixed soon.

Also, my only problem with Groove is the fact that it won't detect/display my album art correctly. It took me a lot of effort to manually embed all those artwork images to my mp3 files, and all I could see is an album art for album A being displayed on album C, D, E, F etc.

Btw, you may want to try MusicLocker. The app provides OneDrive streaming, so it might suit your needs. It's good good performance, and detects album art correctly as well.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've tried Perfect Music before. It was good while it lasted lol. Because the 2nd day of using the app, it lagged so much I just couldn't. After spending more time with it, the app lags, freezes, then crashes.

Up until now, I've never used it again. :(

Btw, if customizing background theme is your thing, you could try MusicLocker. I'm trying it now, and I found the app to be surprisingly good (no streaming like Spotify or Audiotica though) and there is a function to customize the background picture of the app.

Can you view the lyrics in music locker of the currently playing song?

I haven't had any problems as of yet, maybe I'm just fortunate -shrugs- I don't know. But if I ever do run into issues at some point I'll try Music Locker.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Can you view the lyrics in music locker of the currently playing song?

I haven't had any problems as of yet, maybe I'm just fortunate -shrugs- I don't know. But if I ever do run into issues at some point I'll try Music Locker.

Unfortunately it can't lol. For that function, I suggest you look at Listen, Musicus, or musiXmatch.

As of now, I still haven't found any issue with the app. It's been good so far. My only complaint is that I can't change the accent colour of the app to follow my phone's accent colour. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05