What Music Player Are You Using (For WP/W10M)?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. Let me know what you think of the app. I'm loving it so far, only wished it allowed us to use our phone's accent colour instead of the default purple colour. :(

I'm impressed so far. It works exactly as described. I think the UI could be just a tad prettier, maybe a little snazzier, but so far it works fine. It did take a long time to scan for songs. Not a huge issue, though.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm impressed so far. It works exactly as described. I think the UI could be just a tad prettier, maybe a little snazzier, but so far it works fine. It did take a long time to scan for songs. Not a huge issue, though.

How large was your music library? I had 600+ tracks on my phone, and it took about 3-5 minutes to scan everything.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Realistically, it probably took 10-15 minutes. In my head it took forever. :grin:

Considering you had 1500++ songs, no wonder it took so long lmao :grin:

well, enjoy your new music app. I really think music locker is the one, but I'm still waiting to see if there are others lol. For now, it is clearly the better replacement over Groove.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I use VLC, works great

Are you using it on W10M? I've tried that app on WP8.1, horrible experience for me. The app kept crashing after launch. The only way to open the app is to restart my phone, then only it would launch. But after the first launching, the app will crash again. So if I want to use the app, I basically have to restart my phone every time, which is absolutely stupid if you ask me.

But then again, that was about... 3, 4 months ago? Not sure how long it's been since I've tried that app. Has it been optimized for W10M?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I've spoken too soon. I added another song to OneDrive and Music Locker had to rescan everything. 40 minutes in and it's not even close to being done.

I thought there was an option to scan your device or your OneDrive? That's weird tho. I added a few songs to my collection a few days ago, and choose the 'scan my device'. The scan lasted for a minute or less, and my songs were detected correctly.

But yours is a different case I guess. I don't store my music in OneDrive so I can't say for sure.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I use my app : musi.k :wink:

Fast navigation and controls, quick playlist system, supports FLAC, and more features ...

so you're the dev of that app? Ok, I'll download it later and have a go at it. Thanks for recommending! :D
Btw, is it optimized for W10M? I'm using W10M now (which made this post kind of in the wrong section), so yeah..

bobbely

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
so you're the dev of that app? Ok, I'll download it later and have a go at it. Thanks for recommending! :D
Btw, is it optimized for W10M? I'm using W10M now (which made this post kind of in the wrong section), so yeah..

Thanks, yes I'm the dev, so don't hesitate if you have some suggestions or recommandations for improve the app. (I will create a thread when I'll reach the post's count to 10)

The app was developed for WP 8.1 but I have arrange it for W10M and it's working like a charm.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I use Groove. It just bugs me that i spend so long getting artwork and then Groove only displays some of it and the others the "generic full screen" pic of the artist. While artwork is just a square and no full screen!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, yes I'm the dev, so don't hesitate if you have some suggestions or recommandations for improve the app. (I will create a thread when I'll reach the post's count to 10)

The app was developed for WP 8.1 but I have arrange it for W10M and it's working like a charm.

I've tried out your app, and while the app is really really fast (job well done on that!), I just didn't really like the UI I dislike the UI simply because it didn't really match W10M's design language (the fonts, the buttons, they all remind me of WP8.1, and after using W10M, I've simply grown to dislike WP8.1's design language).

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I guess your app doesn't have a 'Now Playing' feature, isit? Because when I play a song while in the app, the current song playing is only shown at the bottom part of my screen, and tapping it doesn't take me anywhere. So basically, since I'm a fan of album artwork, I really found it surprising that there weren't any proper "Now Playing" screen, but I guess you'd have to omit some features to get that blazing fast performance, right?

Also, the ability to play FLAC is a really good addition, so good job dev!

All in all, I liked your app for it's outstanding performance and the simplicity of it, but tbh, your current app is just not for me (at least not yet), simply because of what I've said above. But since the official update to W10M is just around the corner, I really do hope that you would try to update the app, and add extra features. My suggestion is (based entirely on MY preference):

1) Provide a proper 'Now Playing' screen, that displays the album art, and also a properly-sized toggle to drag the song's current time position, or whatever you call that thing, because in your current app, the slider is really small, and I accidentally pressed the pause button a few times before I manage to skip parts of the song.

2) Provide more interface customization! I really like how you allow the user to choose the theme colour, but as it is in W10M, there are waaaay more accent colour option that in WP8.1, so I guess you can add more? Also, allow the users the option to use our phone's accent colour , and also maybe provide some different themes for the music player (like what Loco Music provides).

3) Automatic/Manual Editing of Metadata Tags! Well, this feature is provided in Extreme Music, and that app was good in WP8.1 (not so in W10M). I guarantee that people would love this feature on their music player.

4) Additional features? :D Okay this is just me being greedy, but yeah. Maybe you can try to implement some neat features like Last.FM scrobbling, auto album art downloads, artist background etc.

P/S: I'm sorry if my feedback may not be what you wanted to hear, but that's really my honest opinion. Also, what I've suggested above are just based on my preferences, as well as based on the other music apps I've used. I do hope you can make your app better, as I really love it's performance. I look forward to your app's next major update! :D

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I use Groove. It just bugs me that i spend so long getting artwork and then Groove only displays some of it and the others the "generic full screen" pic of the artist. While artwork is just a square and no full screen!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Same here bro! It's really irritating. Hopefully Groove team would fix this issue soon though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb