A little help please I need a phone cant afford the 950 just right now but I played with the windows phones before.
    now I'm ready to go all in. so what would be mu options would like it to have a sd slot. but not a deal breaker if not on there.
    maybe the last or close to it flag ship. phone. and is there still turn by turn on them.
    thanks guy's and gal's
    12-17-2015 09:26 PM
    Where do you live, and how big are you willing to go?
    If you can find one (they're more rare than a unicorn), the Nokia Lumia 1520 is a fantastic phone with really solid specs and great performance. You won't be disappointed with it, but the screen size is a little hard to, ah, swallow at first. It's the legendary Windows phone flagship, up there with the Lumia 920 and Lumia 1020, although I'd put it one step higher. It's over two years old yet it can still keep up, and you won't be lacking in features.
    The Lumia 830 is a great phone as well, especially with the prices you can find it at. It's not super powerful (but it still runs really well), and it has a lot of neat, extra features like Glance Screen, microSD card support, Qi wireless charging, etcetera. If you can find that phone brand new within your price range (I also suggest looking around for some good deals) you're getting a great design, fantastic build quality, an amazing camera and a decent phone overall.
    If you want to go a bit cheaper the Lumia 640 has the same screen and processor as the Lumia 830. You won't get Qi wireless charging and some of the extra features, and the Glance Screen isn't as advanced on the Lumia 640. You'd also be giving up the sleek, metal-framed design of the Lumia 830 and that impressive PureView camera. The Lumia 640 is a great phone for the price you can get it at, I would just weigh exactly how much you want to get out of your phone against how much you're willing to pay for it. The Lumia 830 is the better phone, but it costs at least twice as much. Do you want that more premium design, do you want that superior camera?

I own both the Lumia 830 and Lumia 640 and I could easily recommend both. The Lumia 640 XL might be a good choice too if you want a bigger phone.
    libra89, RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    12-17-2015 09:45 PM
    thanks! I think the 830 didn't know how old it was, and it will get windows 10 late? but that's not a deal breaker if it runs like it did on my computer I'm not looking forward to it anyway. 5" is about as big as I would go.
    12-18-2015 06:21 AM
    thanks! I think the 830 didn't know how old it was, and it will get windows 10 late? but that's not a deal breaker if it runs like it did on my computer I'm not looking forward to it anyway. 5" is about as big as I would go.
    No, I believe it is part of the first set of older phones to get Windows 10 Mobile.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-18-2015 07:26 AM
    Being a PureView device, the Lumia 830 tends to get updates first. Windows 10 Mobile will come to it in the first wave, or at least it will from what I've heard.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-18-2015 08:09 AM
    For now there r no new phones close to flagships.. Current ones you can go for is 930(no sd),1520,830(specs are not close to flagship). It will be nice if you can wait for some months as MS has said they are going to bring some phones which will be affordable with nice specs and flagship features on these phones..
    12-18-2015 08:15 AM
    For now there r no new phones close to flagships.. Current ones you can go for is 930(no sd),1520,830(specs are not close to flagship). It will be nice if you can wait for some months as MS has said they are going to bring some phones which will be affordable with nice specs and flagship features on these phones..
    Considering that MS is reducing the amount of phones they release a year, you could be waiting for a long time. Flagships aren't going to come out until late next year. Midrange though, you could be possibly waiting until the middle of the year (I'm just guessing here, no speculation). So far with this lineup, we have had flagship range covered, 1 budget, another possible budget that is rumored (the other one in the range), and the midrange is left...or plot twist, will the rumored phone be the midrange/enterprise phone?!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-18-2015 08:26 AM
    Considering that MS is reducing the amount of phones they release a year, you could be waiting for a long time. Flagships aren't going to come out until late next year. Midrange though, you could be possibly waiting until the middle of the year (I'm just guessing here, no speculation). So far with this lineup, we have had flagship range covered, 1 budget, another possible budget that is rumored (the other one in the range), and the midrange is left...or plot twist, will the rumored phone be the midrange/enterprise phone?!
    650(mid range) is the only phone which is coming right now.. MS has purposly kept the gap between mid range and flagships for other OEM phones.. That is why they have cancelled 850.. Though i feel they will keep 850 'release ready' and for now kept it as backup for next year if OEMs don't fill the gap..
    libra89 likes this.
    12-19-2015 12:04 AM
    The 640 is a great phone for only 60$ I highly recommend you take a look at it. I recently put down my iPhone 6 to ride my lumia 640 until the surface phone comes out.
    12-22-2015 04:46 AM