Considering windows phones

cheryl64

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
i currently have the iphone 5s and really enjoy apple products. i was thinking about a different phone when able to upgrade in a few short months. does anyone have any comments on the lumia phone? do you like it? is it easy to use? would you purchase another? i would appreciate some feedback

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: windows phones

Do you mean the 950xl or just Windows phones in general?

It will also be helpful for us to know what apps are important to you as well. There are some people in these forums who switched from iPhone to Lumia, and generally, they have been content with doing so. There's been a couple of threads by former iPhone users, but only this one comes to mind: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...7-950xl-thoughts-previous-ios-osx-junkie.html

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: windows phones

Hi and welcome to WindowsCentral.

Do you use a lot of apps on your iPhone? Are there any particular apps that are very important to you? There will be many apps unavailable for Windows 10 Mobile, but in many cases 3rd-party alternatives are available. However, some apps will not be available at all (or might lack features found in their iOS versions). You probably should check the apps to see what is and what is not available. If there are specific apps you need, if you mention them here, then members will be able to tell you if 3rd-party alternatives are available.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
In the US, it will depend greatly on your carrier as well. Verizon offers only lower mid level Windows Phones with no apparent plans to carry any newer WPs in the near term. Sprint has no WP support at all.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
It's kind of hard coming from an iPhone, I have a iPhone 6. But the windows 10 mobile OS is such a breath of fresh air and if you have an Xbox and or windows pc then the way all of them integrate together is amazing and really makes me geek out!

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
My take on the pluses for iPhone is app availability and integration with Apples' infrastructure. Check out the Microsoft store for your "must have" apps, if they're not available, are there any others that can replace them?

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Apple has got the best package by far in terms of the hardware and ecosystem. But if what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 works then it will be a game changer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6