Before I return to WP

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Been away from WP, for a while now, using android, thinking of getting another L930.

Alas I have come quiet used to using Mightytext, which allows you to respond to text messages from your android tablet and PC via your phone. So question 1, would there be a similar function now or in the future with WP.

Now my biggest worry, is WP going to be dumped by Microsoft any time soon, if you read the media/press it seems like WP is pretty much already dead, is this just a load of toot ?

Also I will be keeping my android tablet for the missing apps and games, but how much will i be able to connect with my google accounts, i am using mainly google mail, maps, keep and youtube. and have been auto syncing photos with google photos quite well.

The reason I want to return is I simply dont like the google UI, I prefer the pin to start and live tile setup, have tried the so called WP launchers, but they seriously miss the point. Its not so much what the home screen looks like but its functionality that works.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
On the latest Windows 10 build (10586.36) the messaging app is integrated with Skype. So you can respond to a text message on your computer with Skype, or your tablet, so the messaging feature has been unified on that regard.

As far as the hype about Windows phone/mobile being dead is hullabaloo. If Microsoft has plans to kill it's mobile platform, then why is it developing new hardware and integrating the mobile OS with the desktop OS? It won't ever knock off Android, but it will be a viable third option over the other two.

I couldn't answer the question about Google integration, I know you can use either MetroTube, or MyTube ad your YouTube client (both work very well, I prefer MetroTube, using it since Windows Phone 7) and the stock Outlook email app built in will sync with you Gmail just fine. I'll let someone else who has more knowledge about Google integration (I barely use Google apps since I'm adamantly opposed to Google and their invasive policies).

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, your point regards the invasive policies, has me thinking about moving over to an outlook account, but surely all these huge industries are the same. Do you find Bing maps as useful as google maps. It seems out of date over here in the UK.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows maps has really improved in Windows 10. I use it offline on my Lumia 635 backup phone. It's very detailed and useful when in a mall as it can tell me where certain stores are and what floor they're on. I'm from the USA so I can't say how well it is in other countries.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Right I'm back with a Nokia lumia 930 in bright green. ..spent most of the day bringing it up to windows phone 10, build 36, I must admit I'm impressed, very slick, super fast and so nice to be back with live tiles

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The 'new' Microsoft really needs to start promoting Windows 10 Mobile like it really is part of the Windows 10 family. At the moment they're giving the impression that it's just a side project that they don't really have much faith in. They need more enthusiasm.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 'new' Microsoft really needs to start promoting Windows 10 Mobile like it really is part of the Windows 10 family. At the moment they're giving the impression that it's just a side project that they don't really have much faith in. They need more enthusiasm.

I would prefer they fix the OS before starting to fling it around. They did that with Edge before it was complete (and still isn't) and look what happened to me. I tried, but I'm back with IE. I'm sure many have done the same. (except replace IE with Chrome or Firefox, or even Opera)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire