Since of late if I charge my phone I suddenly notice battery percentage jumps. For example. It ll be charging at 40% and the next moment it ll jump 100% and say full charge. I ve hard reset twice. Soft reset a couple of times. Re installed software via WDRT. Even took it to Microsoft care centre. Still got same issue
    12-30-2015 09:54 AM
    It could either be a battery wear issue or a battery calibration issue.

How old is your device? Can you download and use the Aida64 app to check the battery wear level of your device?

Lastly (though I won't really recommend this*), you could try draining your battery all the way to 0%. Once your phone turns off on its own, do not turn it on again**. Instead, get your charger and plug it in - leave it untouched for around 15 minutes. It should power up on its own; if it doesn't then turn it on, then charge it fully.

*- Doing this frequently will accelerate battery wear.
    **- Doing so may destroy your battery and prevent it from turning on again.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-30-2015 03:16 PM
    It could either be a battery wear issue or a battery calibration issue.

How old is your device? Can you download and use the Aida64 app to check the battery wear level of your device?

Lastly (though I won't really recommend this*), you could try draining your battery all the way to 0%. Once your phone turns off on its own, do not turn it on again**. Instead, get your charger and plug it in - leave it untouched for around 15 minutes. It should power up on its own; if it doesn't then turn it on, then charge it fully.

*- Doing this frequently will accelerate battery wear.
    **- Doing so may destroy your battery and prevent it from turning on again.
    There is no battery wear level in aida64. And my device is 1ys & 7months. The battery issue started when the phone restarted after enrolling for the win10 preview. But I never downloaded or installed the build . Stuck with wp 8.1.1 since then.
    12-30-2015 09:51 PM
    Then you may try the battery-recalibration method - drain your battery to 0% etc.... in my previous post.
    12-31-2015 01:55 AM
    Then you may try the battery-recalibration method - drain your battery to 0% etc.... in my previous post.
    I tried that once.. After 50% or so it just jumped to 100%. I charged it on flight mode.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    12-31-2015 02:02 AM
    There is no battery wear level in aida64. And my device is 1ys & 7months. The battery issue started when the phone restarted after enrolling for the win10 preview. But I never downloaded or installed the build . Stuck with wp 8.1.1 since then.
    To further understand the situation, please elaborate about "enrolling on the win10 preview". Did you use the following steps to sign in?
    1) Downloaded the Windows Insider App
    2) Ran the app and select "Insider Fast mode"
    3) Then restarted the device or the device automatically restarted.

If you did the above and still on WP 8.1.1, then please check "Settings>Phone Updates" to ensure that you are not stuck with a download/install issue that is draining your phone battery.
    12-31-2015 03:30 AM
    I tried that once.. After 50% or so it just jumped to 100%. I charged it on flight mode.
    Are you using the default charger?
    windobuddies625 likes this.
    12-31-2015 03:50 AM
    To further understand the situation, please elaborate about "enrolling on the win10 preview". Did you use the following steps to sign in?
    1) Downloaded the Windows Insider App
    2) Ran the app and select "Insider Fast mode"
    3) Then restarted the device or the device automatically restarted.

If you did the above and still on WP 8.1.1, then please check "Settings>Phone Updates" to ensure that you are not stuck with a download/install issue that is draining your phone battery.
    I/phone did exactly that. But I changed my mind about downloading. So I hard reset the phone and it was gone. I even re installed denim via WDRT. Nokia service centre even said nothing is wrong with my battery.
    12-31-2015 04:10 AM
    Are you using the default charger?
    Yes AC 60N charger for my Lumia 1320.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    12-31-2015 04:10 AM
    How about the charging time? Has it changed (decreased) since its younger days?
    12-31-2015 04:42 AM
    It chargers quite normally as when I plug it in. And it becomes very slow charging and the if I check after a few mins it shows 100%. Even though when I last checked it was 50% / 60%
    12-31-2015 04:49 AM
    Final question: does your phone last "normally", e.g. does it still last as long as it used to before the bug started appearing?

If "yes", then it's a simple software issue with the battery calibration that doesn't affect the actual battery charge levels. You could try upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile, but I'd suggest waiting for the next update a few weeks after new year.

There's a stranger variant to that issue reported several months ago (almost two years back), where changing the region of the phone changed the battery charge level, i.e. from phone region A to region B the battery charge changes from 100% to 75%, but going back to region A from region B returns the charge back to ~100%. It's a variant because if you try to charge your phone in region B, it will "jump" from 75% to 100%.
    12-31-2015 06:01 AM
    Final question: does your phone last "normally", e.g. does it still last as long as it used to before the bug started appearing?

If "yes", then it's a simple software issue with the battery calibration that doesn't affect the actual battery charge levels. You could try upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile, but I'd suggest waiting for the next update a few weeks after new year.

There's a stranger variant to that issue reported several months ago (almost two years back), where changing the region of the phone changed the battery charge level, i.e. from phone region A to region B the battery charge changes from 100% to 75%, but going back to region A from region B returns the charge back to ~100%. It's a variant because if you try to charge your phone in region B, it will "jump" from 75% to 100%.
    No it doesn't last as it is supposed to. I get half the life. Sometimes it dies at 40% and says low battery.
    12-31-2015 07:56 AM
    In that case, the battery is faulty. The smart chip in the battery may have been damaged, causing it to not accurately detect battery level and battery wear. The only solution is to replace the battery.
    12-31-2015 08:04 AM
    In that case, the battery is faulty. The smart chip in the battery may have been damaged, causing it to not accurately detect battery level and battery wear. The only solution is to replace the battery.
    Oh okay!.
    12-31-2015 08:07 AM