MS Enough is Enough! Give us CyanogenMod NOW!!!

Ron Vin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is a shameful mess, Everything is broken on my Lumia 930, texting within any app including skype, SMS, Whatsapp, Viber email crashes the phone, the "improved" camera app is horrible and my paid app for photos is also no use, gone are the 4 microphones video records in mono only, The WIFI disconnects itself randomly and chooses not to get back on any network without switching off, gestures is gone TERRIBLE! I feel for the first time how ridiculous I am with my windows phone in a social environment. I know a lot of us feel the same especially those who invested in the bland new Lumias. Sorry guys you show week character giving into MSs promises. Now fix this MS and give us a stable CyanogenMod with all the benefits of a stable platform and the MS apps included and everybody will be HAPPY!

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Running latest insider build of Windows 10 on my Lumia 930, yes there is the odd bug still present which is a minor annoyance but it doesn't make the phone as bad / problematic as you say.

You tried a hard reset?

Roll back to 8.1 if you can't get on with Windows 10 insider preview.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
You might wanna wait for the OS to be actually released with appropriate firmware before starting threads like this. My Lumia 640 is doing fine so far, and that's with old firmware.

Sent from mTalk

Ron Vin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why some of you refuse to see how bad the situation is. Despite the fact that W10 Mobile has not been released "officially" for most of the devices out there it HAS been sold for hundreds of pounds/dollars/euros to thousands of people with the new Lumias. That OS is in a very bad alpha state and has been sold to some as a finished product while we use it and test it as beta. Yes it might work ok on a less powerful less capable device like the 550s and 640s but the more complicated and potential the system is the more problems show up continuously. MS should be sued for something like that. The problem is the community is too devoted and the numbers are minimal in comparison with other platforms. So no one cares. Not even the CEO who says the situation is unsustainable when actually is UNSUSTAINED! That's why considering the fact that MS has invested in the Cyano, that platform is more of a sustainable situation. The Surface phone will give you the slap in the face to wake up with a 64 bit Intel proc and full Windows 10 platform with a bit of a phone functionality. Win10 Mobile will be scrapped like the RT was. Just mark my words

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why some of you refuse to see how bad the situation is. Despite the fact that W10 Mobile has not been released "officially" for most of the devices out there it HAS been sold for hundreds of pounds/dollars/euros to thousands of people with the new Lumias. That OS is in a very bad alpha state and has been sold to some as a finished product while we use it and test it as beta. Yes it might work ok on a less powerful less capable device like the 550s and 640s but the more complicated and potential the system is the more problems show up continuously. MS should be sued for something like that. The problem is the community is too devoted and the numbers are minimal in comparison with other platforms. So no one cares. Not even the CEO who says the situation is unsustainable when actually is UNSUSTAINED! That's why considering the fact that MS has invested in the Cyano, that platform is more of a sustainable situation. The Surface phone will give you the slap in the face to wake up with a 64 bit Intel proc and full Windows 10 platform with a bit of a phone functionality. Win10 Mobile will be scrapped like the RT was. Just mark my words
Microsoft are finally where they wanted to be with windows 10 Mobile. It'll simply get better with time. You'll see in 2016. (because some MS are still on holiday).

You also need to remember that if they didn't release a flagship soon then all those people with their contracts running out would have no flagship to upgrade too so yeah they rushed it.

By the way all Microsoft wanted to do with cyanogen was get people to use Cortana (Bing) to make Bing better. There aren't that many windows phones out there.

Last edited:

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
When upgraded did you do a restore from backup? I think many issues are due to a restore from a previous version backup. Hard reset and set fresh. While doing this expect poor battery life for a day or two or however ling it takes for you to setup the device. Many of us here are enjoying WM10. It is a great OS. Few bugs for sure but nothing that I am sure aren't present on other devices.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
When upgraded did you do a restore from backup? I think many issues are due to a restore from a previous version backup. Hard reset and set fresh. While doing this expect poor battery life for a day or two or however ling it takes for you to setup the device. Many of us here are enjoying WM10. It is a great OS. Few bugs for sure but nothing that I am sure aren't present on other devices.
We shouldn't have to start fresh to get good performance though. The other guy did have a point with the OS still getting like a Beta.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
give us a stable CyanogenMod

It's called new hardware, brother. You can find some for purchase all over the place.

Why would you expect another platform on a 930? It's like wanting Ford to switch your unleaded fuel burning engine to diesel.

Want the best of everything?

Get a Nexus. Seriously, I'm not trying to disrespect you by just saying GTFO. Honestly, if you want flexibility and real choice of what OS options you can put on your phone you need a phone that is KNOWN to do this thing.

Now it's like having a Ford with FlexFuel + which would let you burn unleaded, ethanol, diesel, waste oil from deep fryers, etc.

On my Nexus 4 I ran official ROMs, tweaked Android ROMs, Sailfish Ports, Ubuntu Touch Ports, Firefox OS Ports and sometimes many at once via MultiROM.

Otherwise it is like the old saying: Wish in one hand, poop in the other - see which one fills up first.

Last edited:

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am with you. WM10 is failing and failing fast. But not cyanogenmod but Cyanogen OS. They are different. COS is official. If MS brings all of their apps like maps, people, weather, edge, photos, outlook email and calendar,and others then I would be all in. It may even be possible to have both app stores (windows and play) on one phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium