Microsoft Surface M

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Surface M

Hey everyone at Windows Central! Tonight I finally had the chance to work on a concept for the 'rumored' Surface Phone. Several sketches later and many hours I now have the first draft done. Not only am I working on multiple angled renders, but I have also been working on tweaks on the software side. Please sound off below :) All comments with my graciously taken account for!! I have also linked my behance account, this is where all updates and progress will be shared too! Don't forget to comment, like or even share!

Regards,

Cage Appleby

https://www.behance.net/wip/1582499/2699961

Surface M.jpg

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, some quick observations.

1. The windows logo on the front is a tad off centre
  2. No search + back key?
  3. also the rear camera placement is really awkwardly placed and will inevitably get covered by your fingers when trying to take pictures or when recording.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Updated :) Front-back-without-music-controls.png

Thanks for the recommendations! Ill see what I come up with. I'm working on the search and back keys, I'm been messing with backlight. Ill reposition the camera module, and add the back speaker :)

Last edited:

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Side Plane.png

First render of the left side is finished! I redesigned the grill as it did not make sense having it on the side as It was placed where your hand would cover it.

peixe2

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
That side angle, though. That's pure love. It's really well done.

Just wondering what material is that on the windows button. Is it really able to be capacitive? Cause it doesn't look like. Looks exactly the same as the one at the back of the device, which is just for decoration.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Niiice, in terms of the single / dual sim tray and msd card tray, what are current thoughts in regards to placement?

Hey TechFreak1! Sorry for the very late response. I have been caught up on other projects so this one has been in the backburner for a while. I do plan on continuing this project however and I am currently sketching some ideas. In regards to the msd slot I was thinking of following suite with the Surface Pro line and including its placement beneath the kickstand - perhaps even the sim tray also. :)

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheers Peixe2! I was kind of leaning towards some sort of capacitive glass. I could consider rendering the surface book touchpad material also.

Mohd Fadil A

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Camera button should be there and also speaker should be placed below i prefer instead of rear back.

Phone should be waterproof, dust proof etc..

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Camera button should be there and also speaker should be placed below i prefer instead of rear back.

Phone should be waterproof, dust proof etc..

Great suggestions! The camera button is already there, its just a really bad render haha. I'm working on the updated version :) Ill take these ideas into consideration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss