Xbox phone + windows 10 mobile = success

RalumiaX

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
The time is right for Microsoft to build an XBOX branded phone with dedicated physical controls that either flip or slide out from the unit at will. Other companies have attempted such a feat but failed. I believe this was certainly a case of bad execution and not due to such a device having little interest in the market.

A non phone functioning variant could likely be something to consider and a big maybe, but having an add on like controller device that one can attach to any decent windows smart phone could be another idea. One that has a premium feel unlike ones currently on the market for android/ios etc.

I personally would be really excited if such a device was announced. It would certainly help the windows phone platform become more common place and potentially see converts of apple and android devices who are serious about there gaming on the go.

Creating early adopters of Windows products will create stronger brand recognition, brand loyalty and continued interest. With the right marketing and a great device which it would be, this would be the number one device on all kids minds around the world come XMAS and Birthdays (Some of them anyway)

On a final note, would anyone like to see such a device fall under the LUMIA branding? Personally It's a no brainer that the XBOX name in itself would generate some serious interest and overall hype amongst gaming enthusiasts, but I'm sure the LUMIA branding would have its perks.

Any ideas or thoughts?

First post on here so go easy on me = )

All the best!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to WP Concepts + Dream Devices subforum.

Also, here's my two cents...

I don't think Xbox has the power to work in this situation. Maybe if they threw Halo 5 on it - that would cause waves, but otherwise I feel Windows 10 Mobile still has fundamental reliability and app issues compared to its competitors, moreso than two years ago, and I'm not sure Xbox can begin to compensate for it.
Feels a bit niche, but that's just my opinion.

RalumiaX

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Moved to WP Concepts + Dream Devices subforum.

Also, here's my two cents...

I don't think Xbox has the power to work in this situation. Maybe if they threw Halo 5 on it - that would cause waves, but otherwise I feel Windows 10 Mobile still has fundamental reliability and app issues compared to its competitors, more so than two years ago, and I'm not sure Xbox can begin to compensate for it.
Feels a bit niche, but that's just my opinion.

I think there is tremendous potential. Ultimately they would have a market all to themselves. If they truly believe in the ONE branding then they should be doing this! I could almost see the device outselling the Lumia line if it did exist today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium