Hi all
    First of all this article is about Microsoft strategy about marketing.
    I ask simple questions which mobile get best feature comparing to below
    1.Lumia 535
    2.Lumia 540
    3.Lumia 640
    But surprisingly Microsoft do more marketing on Lumia 540 instead of Lumia 640.
    We more than half know which mobile get best feature.
    How Microsoft expect windows phone will beat IOS and ANDROID.
    What you think
    01-11-2016 12:46 AM
    Hi there,

I've moved your thread to the General Windows Phone Discussion forum, since this is not a time-sensitive issue with a particular device.
    Guytronic and RumoredNow like this.
    01-11-2016 01:00 AM
    I'm sorry but Microsoft won't beat Android or iOS. Too difficult mission to accomplish anymore at this stage. Sorry :-(
    01-11-2016 03:07 AM
    Hi all

First of all this article is about Microsoft strategy about marketing.

I ask simple questions which mobile get best feature comparing to below

1.Lumia 535

2.Lumia 540

3.Lumia 640

But surprisingly Microsoft do more marketing on Lumia 540 instead of Lumia 640.

We more than half know which mobile get best feature.

How Microsoft expect windows phone will beat IOS and ANDROID.

What you think

Really simple.

The market move until Windows 10 for phones comes out is to get as many users as possibile to their side, to test the OS. And how? By pushing everything to the least expensive devices, to show how they are good even if they are really cheap and so affordable to everyone.

After that, I believe they will push a bit to the high end devices (in fact 950 and 950 XL are already being sold) to let the new users upgrade if they want to.

I also believe they will push a lot after Windows 10 for phones would get out for every Windows Phone.
    01-11-2016 03:14 AM
    I do think that was indeed their thinking and strategy: Push the OS to the affordable market and hope that it would spread. I think that strategy didn't work out too well, hindsight looking of course. I guess the flipside other approach was to target the high end flagship market and set a standard for which the public could and would see what Microsoft and Windows in particular could do, even though not many could afford or would even want to buy it. But it could, and I'd say, would have, announced to the public, "this is Windows, this is all that we can do. We can compete with your beloved Apples and Samsungs, and we can also do so much more those others can't". Hindsight again is always 20/20 and it's easy to say what they should have or could have done. I would say too that some things you can't always predict and plan for. There are things that catch and things that don't. I'm just glad MS took the latter approach when it came to tablets (and PCs) and was able to produce the Surface/Surface Pro line. The Surface was very much a "push the boundary" type of device targeted for higher end. Off of that, it can now produce product for the cheaper market for those that want to buy something they can afford but still have something that looks and feels like what the rich folks have.

Microsoft also is pushing not only devices but ecosystem. Goal here is to have people buy into their software offerings and their ecosystem even if it means having that software on rival companies' platform, in hopes that people will like it, use it, and then feel like they can't go on without it. That's pretty powerful if it all pans out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2016 03:30 AM
    High end mobile are good but if Microsoft want to beat at least Android they must have to concentrate on right point on low /middle prices mobile.
    Consider Lumia 640 and 540.
    Both price approx.same in India where Microsoft /nokia brand prefer and here I don't remember even 640 advisement but Lumia 540 makes full ad.
    Now Lumia 640 unavailable only reason that Lumia 550.
    01-11-2016 06:19 AM