Is MS giving up?

t0shibasz

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
My personal opinion is that they need to make some small changes within the UI in order to close the "difference in experience gap" with other OS's. Also that change is needed within app design guidelines, i.e app experience to be almost same between 3 platforms.

For example I think they should add dock icons (I think dock icons is like start menu for the desktops), they should make grid app drawer cause I really done see any rational benefit of that long list. I like the the Live Tiles approach but I think that, smallest tiles should be replaced with original app icons with their original colors (that way they will be not boring).

About the app design, my personal example is Telegram messenger. There is totally unnecessary design within the app on W mobile and iOS. (where W Desktop is more similar to the iOS)

Also we must stop defending W mobile with the excuse that it is in early stages. W mobile is fighting for market share with Android 6.0 and iOS 9 and everything that comes out has to be on pair with functionalities and polished design to match that versions of the competitors. (sorry about the bad english)

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay, but what happens to Windows Mobile? I doubt it has ever made any money for MS and unlikely to do so in the future as well. Almost everything that used to be available only on Windows Phone is now available across all platforms. Sure MS will make a lot of money by putting their services across all platforms, but how is Windows Mobile going to survive without anything to differentiate it from the competition?

LOL. MS has survived without windows mobile for this long and it will do so in the future too.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
LOL. MS has survived without windows mobile for this long and it will do so in the future too.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Where in my post did I say Microsoft is not going to survive? We all know Microsoft is going to be fine for many years to come. We are talking about whether Windows Mobile will still be around a few years from now or whether Microsoft has given up on Windows Mobile, which is what the OP was asking.

satish006

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Off course Microsoft giving up these days. Last 2 years was damn bad for WP users. In India every WP phone user faces problems because of their not clear cut concept on apps/game..i mean every where we WP user found problems like we can't send pdf through Bluetooth, can't have app like snap chat and many more like very needy applock..but they don't care too much about user..they have to make an event in Indian fast IT network cities and have to attract huge developers for future goal.

Today because of their weak app support they are behind of Android and ios not because Nokia was sale out...

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It seems like they are. Even Joe Belfiore is using an iPhone. They should scrap Windows Phone and focus on tablet/desktop!
Source? Belfiore is on sabbatical, so I'm not sure how anyone would know what he's using or why it would matter. He's clearly not involved in current decisions.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
That's just iVerge trolling Microsoft. Vlad, Nilay and Tom Warren are the chief trolls. That site's Microsoft and Apple coverage are both a complete joke. Shame too, because the rest of the site is actually pretty good.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
That's just iVerge trolling Microsoft. Vlad, Nilay and Tom Warren are the chief trolls. That site's Microsoft and Apple coverage are both a complete joke. Shame too, because the rest of the site is actually pretty good.
It's reported in many news outlets. It's not the Verge's fault that Joe Belfiore uses an iPhone. They are just reporting what happened.

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Imagine if Johnny Ive was caught using a Lumia 950, The Verge would report that too. Of course we'd have to be living in an alternate universe for that to happen....

sameersaab

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hiring Nadella was the worst move for Microsoft technologies and innovation. The guy thinks from a purely business angle, so has been making better apps and services for iphone and android, and leaving the phone in the dust. He has no faith or enthusiasm in phone or even xbox, rather takes the time to integrate iphone with everyhting. I heard the keyboard is better on iphone too! Microsoft should have produced a CEO from within the company that actually liked what they were doing.

anon(5346951)

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
If anyone wants to add issues/instabilities/irregularities that you've experienced on a non-insider build of Windows 10 Mobile then you might as well add them here in the comments to help highlight these issues and our discontentment: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdw10phone/when-will-all-these-problems-with-windows-10/d7d820f1-9819-47a2-b425-bdfbe7033fde

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Honestly. why would anyone even consider buy a Windows Phone at this point unless all they care about is the camera?

Even MS brings their best apps to iPhone first.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly. why would anyone even consider buy a Windows Phone at this point unless all they care about is the camera?

Even MS brings their best apps to iPhone first.

Because original mother is better than surrogate mother. Hope you understand what I am talking about.

rk23

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Personally I want to see Microsoft's mobile platform grow and get more developer support. I have been with windows phone/mobile since the beginning (HTC Trophy 7 with WP7). However I am over the cr_p from Microsoft and their promises of "features coming in the near future" attitude. This has been a common theme with them since the beginning. WP 8.1 was great, but it started to get boring and the app problem still persisted. Win10 mobile was meant to be the saving grace for Microsoft, the "final" reboot of their mobile/phone OS that will continue to improve with time. However after using it for 1 month, i realized that its just not exciting for me. It wasn't just the bugs, but the inconsistencies in the GUI such as the weird and inconsistent menu buttons to the Edge browser that didn't render websites properly.

I have made the switch to Android and I am very happy. I personally don't think i will be returning to Microsoft simply because i gave them 5 years of my life, money and support only to receive very little in return from them. I am over the frustrations, the inconsistencies and the failed promises. I dont think that is fair. Combined with that fact that Microsoft provide better software services to the Android and iOS platforms, I just do not see any good or valid reason as to why I should continue to stay with Windows mobile anymore.

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Windows phone since I got my Focus when it first came out. I love the UI and the phones. I have a 950XL now. They keep pushing things to other platforms and seem unconcerned about issues in there own platform. I'm still unable to get the .36 update. Wordflow doesn't work in edge. Continual reboots. Etc.
Will the frustration ever end?
No

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb