Is MS giving up?

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Windows phone since I got my Focus when it first came out. I love the UI and the phones. I have a 950XL now. They keep pushing things to other platforms and seem unconcerned about issues in there own platform. I'm still unable to get the .36 update. Wordflow doesn't work in edge. Continual reboots. Etc.
Will the frustration ever end?

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Windows phone since I got my Focus when it first came out. I love the UI and the phones. I have a 950XL now. They keep pushing things to other platforms and seem unconcerned about issues in there own platform. I'm still unable to get the .36 update. Wordflow doesn't work in edge. Continual reboots. Etc.
Will the frustration ever end?

They are going the blackberry way and will close down certainly

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Not really, more people ask questions to problems they have over spreading joy about the devices they've gotten.

You don't go to a therapist because you feel great.

What are you talking about lol? I was making a statement about my personal experience. Idk what you quoted me for.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 950ds working great...iam on latest firmware and 29 os no reboots...heard even ver 63 is great... Thou very happy now and get great battery life as well......will wait for ver 63 to come to non insiders

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the dual sim. I love the phone and the platform. I'm just concerned that MS almost seems to be forgetting about us and focusing on the other platforms. I don't, however, recommend it the way I have in the past.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I always laugh when people complain about issues when they are in a testing program. It's 'beta' software for a reason folks - don't install it unless you aren't depending on your device to be your daily driver. That said, I think MS is throwing in the towel on Windows for Mobile soon, but not for the reasons you think. I think that people haven't adopted the platform like they hoped. People aren't developing Apps for the platform like they hoped. People aren't excited about the platform like they hoped. Overall, the platform has failed to do anything that they want it to. So, without further ado, I see a partnership with Intel coming where full blow Windows 10 gets rolling on the Surface Phone before the end of the year - like probably in time for the holidays.

Yes, abandoning the mobile in favor of a full version of Windows 10 would allow mobile tablets and phones to run EXE files and could load it as a PC using the Windows to Go protocols to make Continuum much more powerful. I think the Windows for Mobile idea is something that will build to a full blown version of Windows on a mobile device as soon as they have the hardware that will handle it.

Just my two cents though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)