Should Microsoft do a hostile Snapchat takeover?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Waste of money. If they bought Snapchat there would other apps people couldn't live without that WP doesn't have. It would be a never ending cycle.

Sent from my Surface 3

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Myspace was more popular than Facebook at one time, because anyone could be a member of Myspace. Facebook was originally for students only. Facebook became popular when it was opened up to everyone, not just students, and it overtook Myspace rapidly. Now Snapchat is up and coming.

What exactly is your point? Facebook didn't have to be successful, Twitter was supposed to overtake Facebook but never did. SnapChat already seems to be on the way out. Like MySpace, it's popular with kids, but it's not really taking off anywhere else. Like I said, there's a reason the company was significantly devalued.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
It's undervaluation to date is mild compared to it's twin elephants in the room. Considering the inevitable legal trouble they are facing from both private and governmental interests I imagine the investors are squirming to jump ship. Lets face it. Either could take the company down, both would be a nightmare for them.

Jean Claude Lopez

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It's undervaluation to date is mild compared to it's twin elephants in the room. Considering the inevitable legal trouble they are facing from both private and governmental interests I imagine the investors are squirming to jump ship. Lets face it. Either could take the company down, both would be a nightmare for them.

Is there legal trouble in the horizon for Snapchat? The more recent problem (a big one by the way) was that they actually kept a copy of ALL the photos in their servers. Considering that teenagers use this app to sext allegedly, that was big front page news. But of course, the following week everybody had forgotten or didn't care.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is your point? Facebook didn't have to be successful, Twitter was supposed to overtake Facebook but never did. SnapChat already seems to be on the way out. Like MySpace, it's popular with kids, but it's not really taking off anywhere else. Like I said, there's a reason the company was significantly devalued.

I don't think anyone is arguing with you that Snapchat is probably a flash in the pan, but you have to accept that currently, Snapchat really is a part of the current zeitgeist.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone is arguing with you that Snapchat is probably a flash in the pan, but you have to accept that currently, Snapchat really is a part of the current zeitgeist.

No, I don't. It's known from the news because kids sext with it, and the huge data breach they had. That's pretty much it. It's just not relevant to actually HAVE the app though for the vast majority of people, and it doesn't matter there's no app for Windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12