Should Microsoft do a hostile Snapchat takeover?

Jean Claude Lopez

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not unusual that a company just muscles their way into ownership. Since the Snapchat owner is so openly "anti-Microsoft", it'd be funny if they just bought their scrappy company, fire the founder and make Snapchat available even on Blackberry and Xbox One. What you say eh?:winktongue:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I feel like I'm missing the point of this, but alright. It seems like when you force someone to do something, they might make something passable just because they can.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Always thought it was strange that there wasn't a Starbucks on the Microsoft campus in Redmond.

I've been told that Bill Gates does have a stake in Dicks burgers in the Seattle area.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hole in theory: SnapChuck is not a publicly traded company. There is no stock to buy up to gain controlling interest. There are investors who have not seen any return. Why buy their bad mistakes?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It'd be great to say Snapchat would just roll over in time, but I'm not quite seeing the comfort in that. Sure, one can say that, but its at worst a dream.

I personally believe that Windows 10 Mobile has significantly less time left on the table to even stabilize and provide a reliable Windows Phone 8-grade experience again regardless of the Snapchat situation than the community has time to wait for the still soaringly popular Snapchat to pull a MySpace or otherwise implode.

And integrating them into Skype should they be acquired is not a hot idea considering how Skype on Windows Phone has performed to date.

Just my two cents.
Back then Snapchat was possibly the most major single obstacle overall, I fear its not the case anymore.

Last edited:

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not unusual that a company just muscles their way into ownership. Since the Snapchat owner is so openly "anti-Microsoft", it'd be funny if they just bought their scrappy company, fire the founder and make Snapchat available even on Blackberry and Xbox One. What you say eh?:winktongue:
Great, so you want to foster even more anti Microsoft sentiment than there already is?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In the dreams....do you think if its really going to give them a significant marketshare with that move?
And yeah...ppl who need reasons to cry about Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile 'app gap' will find any other app which is not available to cry about !!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's nice. MySpace was pretty popular with college kids too. There's a reason SnapChat's valuation is continuing to drop.
Myspace was more popular than Facebook at one time, because anyone could be a member of Myspace. Facebook was originally for students only. Facebook became popular when it was opened up to everyone, not just students, and it overtook Myspace rapidly. Now Snapchat is up and coming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs