01-29-2016 04:27 PM
28 12
tools
    It's not unusual that a company just muscles their way into ownership. Since the Snapchat owner is so openly "anti-Microsoft", it'd be funny if they just bought their scrappy company, fire the founder and make Snapchat available even on Blackberry and Xbox One. What you say eh?
    01-22-2016 10:43 PM
    0_o
    libra89, SPS828, msirapian and 5 others like this.
    01-22-2016 10:52 PM
    Lol. Another snapchat thread when one was closed today.
    01-23-2016 12:02 AM
    That's actually a good idea. They could buy Starbucks and a couple of national banks while they're at it.
    01-23-2016 12:02 AM
    I feel like I'm missing the point of this, but alright. It seems like when you force someone to do something, they might make something passable just because they can.
    01-23-2016 12:06 AM
    Always thought it was strange that there wasn't a Starbucks on the Microsoft campus in Redmond.

I've been told that Bill Gates does have a stake in Dicks burgers in the Seattle area.
    01-23-2016 12:17 AM
    Hole in theory: SnapChuck is not a publicly traded company. There is no stock to buy up to gain controlling interest. There are investors who have not seen any return. Why buy their bad mistakes?
    01-23-2016 12:35 AM
    All the the kids will grow up and out and Snapchat will be in ashes...
    01-23-2016 12:38 AM
    Always thought it was strange that there wasn't a Starbucks on the Microsoft campus in Redmond.
    That's really weird, since Redmond is so close to Seattle.
    01-23-2016 12:46 AM
    All the the kids will grow up and out and Snapchat will be in ashes...
    Or Facebook will buy Snapchat to acquire more younger users.
    01-23-2016 12:47 AM
    MS Should pick up Snapchat or at least all their patents and absorb/integrate them into Skype. I can see this as a possibility. But not likely.
    Jean Claude Lopez likes this.
    01-23-2016 12:52 AM
    It'd be great to say Snapchat would just roll over in time, but I'm not quite seeing the comfort in that. Sure, one can say that, but its at worst a dream.

I personally believe that Windows 10 Mobile has significantly less time left on the table to even stabilize and provide a reliable Windows Phone 8-grade experience again regardless of the Snapchat situation than the community has time to wait for the still soaringly popular Snapchat to pull a MySpace or otherwise implode.

And integrating them into Skype should they be acquired is not a hot idea considering how Skype on Windows Phone has performed to date.

Just my two cents.
    Back then Snapchat was possibly the most major single obstacle overall, I fear its not the case anymore.
    Last edited by xandros9; 01-23-2016 at 02:17 AM.
    Guytronic, a5cent, jmshub and 4 others like this.
    01-23-2016 01:41 AM
    It's not unusual that a company just muscles their way into ownership. Since the Snapchat owner is so openly "anti-Microsoft", it'd be funny if they just bought their scrappy company, fire the founder and make Snapchat available even on Blackberry and Xbox One. What you say eh?
    Great, so you want to foster even more anti Microsoft sentiment than there already is?
    01-23-2016 11:52 AM
    In the dreams....do you think if its really going to give them a significant marketshare with that move?
    And yeah...ppl who need reasons to cry about Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile 'app gap' will find any other app which is not available to cry about !!
    01-24-2016 01:16 PM
    what is this " snapchat " you all keep talking about.
    oviedofreak82 likes this.
    01-24-2016 03:35 PM
    what is this " snapchat " you all keep talking about.
    If you have to ask what snapchat is, consider yourself one of the lucky ones as it means you have no need of such an app
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    01-24-2016 04:47 PM
    Isn't it pretty much tween girls that care about snapchat? I don't think I've actually ever met anyone that uses it.
    01-24-2016 06:07 PM
    Isn't it pretty much tween girls that care about snapchat? I don't think I've actually ever met anyone that uses it.
    Well, virtually all of my fellow college students, for starters.
    Laura Knotek, jmshub and libra89 like this.
    01-24-2016 06:34 PM
    Well, virtually all of my fellow college students, for starters.
    That's nice. MySpace was pretty popular with college kids too. There's a reason SnapChat's valuation is continuing to drop.
    01-25-2016 05:31 PM
    That's nice. MySpace was pretty popular with college kids too. There's a reason SnapChat's valuation is continuing to drop.
    Myspace was more popular than Facebook at one time, because anyone could be a member of Myspace. Facebook was originally for students only. Facebook became popular when it was opened up to everyone, not just students, and it overtook Myspace rapidly. Now Snapchat is up and coming.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-25-2016 05:40 PM
    Waste of money. If they bought Snapchat there would other apps people couldn't live without that WP doesn't have. It would be a never ending cycle.

Sent from my Surface 3
    01-25-2016 05:56 PM
    Myspace was more popular than Facebook at one time, because anyone could be a member of Myspace. Facebook was originally for students only. Facebook became popular when it was opened up to everyone, not just students, and it overtook Myspace rapidly. Now Snapchat is up and coming.
    What exactly is your point? Facebook didn't have to be successful, Twitter was supposed to overtake Facebook but never did. SnapChat already seems to be on the way out. Like MySpace, it's popular with kids, but it's not really taking off anywhere else. Like I said, there's a reason the company was significantly devalued.
    01-25-2016 06:14 PM
    It's undervaluation to date is mild compared to it's twin elephants in the room. Considering the inevitable legal trouble they are facing from both private and governmental interests I imagine the investors are squirming to jump ship. Lets face it. Either could take the company down, both would be a nightmare for them.
    01-25-2016 06:21 PM
    It's undervaluation to date is mild compared to it's twin elephants in the room. Considering the inevitable legal trouble they are facing from both private and governmental interests I imagine the investors are squirming to jump ship. Lets face it. Either could take the company down, both would be a nightmare for them.
    Is there legal trouble in the horizon for Snapchat? The more recent problem (a big one by the way) was that they actually kept a copy of ALL the photos in their servers. Considering that teenagers use this app to sext allegedly, that was big front page news. But of course, the following week everybody had forgotten or didn't care.
    01-29-2016 05:26 AM
    What exactly is your point? Facebook didn't have to be successful, Twitter was supposed to overtake Facebook but never did. SnapChat already seems to be on the way out. Like MySpace, it's popular with kids, but it's not really taking off anywhere else. Like I said, there's a reason the company was significantly devalued.
    I don't think anyone is arguing with you that Snapchat is probably a flash in the pan, but you have to accept that currently, Snapchat really is a part of the current zeitgeist.
    01-29-2016 12:31 PM
28 12