What android features would you like to see in WM10?

sined abdok

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
once I asked that question and they told me to use cloud! lol
you must use android if you want to join same homegroup with windows pc! that's apsurd!
can't wait for my new android phone. I'm sick of browsing with ie and edge. viber is unusable on wp....

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely NOTHING from Android I want infesting my Windows Phone. Never, ever.

^ should we also get rid of text, pictures, on screen buttons, status bar symbols, the on-screen keyboard, the ability to ring when we are called? 😁
98% of what makes a smartphone is shared by iOS, Android and WM.
It would probably be far more productive to list the things we explicitly don't want and assume we want everything else.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There is absolutely NOTHING from Android I want infesting my Windows Phone. Never, ever.

^ should we also get rid of text, pictures, on screen buttons, status bar symbols, the on-screen keyboard, the ability to ring when we are called? 
98% of what makes a smartphone is shared by iOS, Android and WM.
It would probably be far more productive to list the things we explicitly don't want and assume we want everything else.
You might be interested in this podcast. Many of the features we know and love in Android and Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile have their origins in webOS.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After using Android for awhile three things that I would greatly miss if I switched back are:
1) Ability to run apps in the background. This was always really annoying when I would fill out form data in IE/Edge. I would switch to another app to read information, switch back and it would refresh the page deleting all my precious entered data.
2) Speaking of form data, I really like how Chrome integrates much more seemlessly across devices (shared bookmarks, form data, passwords, etc). I really like the ability chrome has to enter all of my form data for me. It makes Edge feel so 2000s when I have to type in all that dumb information over and over.
3) Clip board. I remember back when Mango brought the ability to copy and paste and made me feel like I had a real phone. My android phone has a clipboard that lets me cycle through multiple copy and pastes.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Locking the home screen so that tiles can't be bumped and moved or removed accidently.
I know this isn't native to Android.
I'd like this as a feature on WM however.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Locking the home screen so that tiles can't be bumped and moved or removed accidently.
I know this isn't native to Android.
I'd like this as a feature on WM however.
Nova Launcher has that feature.
f51d5037542c742fcd2d0bc50bf9a472.jpg

Nomi_Raan

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Facebook messenger calling.
Facebook messenger logout option.
Background download with status in notification bar.
There should be manual installation of apps from SD card like WP8.1 .
I want just these features...

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
When we talking about features, do we mean certain features the android os has and the windows ecosystem doesn't, cause I notice some people are taking about app specific functions instead which really chimes back to developer updating the windows mobile app

Nomi_Raan

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
When we talking about features, do we mean certain features the android os has and the windows ecosystem doesn't, cause I notice some people are taking about app specific functions instead which really chimes back to developer updating the windows mobile app

Ok in case if you don't want to talk about apps then in windows phone i need just background downloading in edge after lock screen.
I want my phone totally switch off during charging. When i charge my phone automatically switch on. I don't like.
But overall i love window 10. Just apps that I need.

Kai Schrimpf

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
The Android OS builds a universal music library of all Music and Playlists.
When inserting a SD card, this automatically refreshes, and the apps can leverage that data.

On Windows Mobile this doesnt seem to be the case, as each music app i tested built its own library, and Groove simply stops building its library before finishing.

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Originaly we were talking about os features, but since specific app features still belong to certain os (yes, it depends solely on developers), but now the discusion seems to be sligtly turning "what i can in android and can't in wp" way. If apps getting regular updates can be counted as Android feature I desperately want it in WM. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium