02-24-2016 03:36 AM
96 1234
tools
    Having used WebOs on the HP TouchPad, I am sure he did love the Pre. Smooth, clean and intuitive, all the things I hear from IPhone users. Alas, HP lost their way also and killed a really nice tablet. Still using it as a Android tablet, and it holds it's own.
    Last edited by Rupert Holmes; 01-27-2016 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-27-2016 07:53 AM
    The problem is the mindset. The mindset coming from very high in the Microsoft hierachy of not being fully convinced users of MS products. Belfiore is an icon for many employees.

Nadella has some big work in front of him....wait....what is his mindset? I woulnd't be surprised if he doesn't use a W10M mobile privately.
    Even he would have noticed enough issues and would have prevented to go live with them....
    You don't know this, even if it happens to be true. Joe Belfiore might trust the heck out of the platform and love it. However, he might also need to use software that isn't on the platform. That he uses an app isn't a statement against the OS beyond the fact it doesn't have that app.
    01-27-2016 08:30 AM
    You can be certain of one thing, if you go into an Apple store EVERY employee is the store uses an iphone.
    Spr Cmd likes this.
    01-27-2016 08:38 AM
    This, this right here is the truth
    That may be a good point. I wonder if they don't really care about the US as it's a lost market, but it would be nice if they told us that in some way so we don't have our hopes up. All you seen in the press is lumia prices falling in the UK, etc... so you have a valid point.
    01-27-2016 08:45 AM
    You can be certain of one thing, if you go into an Apple store EVERY employee is the store uses an iphone.
    That's because most of the people in the world have iPhones. The analogy stands true for the following also : "If you go into a toilet also, you find every one using iPhone"
    01-27-2016 09:36 AM
    That's because most of the people in the world have iPhones. The analogy stands true for the following also : "If you go into a toilet also, you find every one using iPhone"
    There are more Android phones on the planet than iphones. "Most" of the people in the world do not have iphones.
    01-27-2016 09:55 AM
    But is this because they are Apple fans, get the phone at a discount so they just naturally choose iphones, or are REQUIRED to use it regardless of what they use before coming to work?

But yeah, pretty easy to see apple being able to maintain a very strong apple presence amongst employees, though I bet virtually all of the IT guys at least have a PC at home :)
    01-27-2016 10:52 AM

But yeah, pretty easy to see apple being able to maintain a very strong apple presence amongst employees, though I bet virtually all of the IT guys at least have a PC at home :)
    You mean they all likely have a Mac running boot camp or parallels Windows.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    01-27-2016 11:04 AM
    lumia 950 price has dropped a lot in many countries and it's been on sale for a short period only. from this the value of it: low because of the OS
    01-27-2016 11:10 AM
    The store I go to here in Toronto knows their stuff on everything. Regardless of what they use.
    01-27-2016 11:33 AM
    Ltes change this to "Why Microsoft does get It!!!"
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    01-27-2016 01:51 PM
    That's ATT Stores which sells mobiles for many different platforms, you'd expect such given WP marketshare , if it was MSFT Store that would be shocking.
    01-27-2016 02:10 PM
    I have been to many ATT stores, and today I went to the local MSFT store. The employees don't know a thing about any MSFT products. ATT has had exclusives on Lumias for years, but MSFT doesn't enforce product knowledge. What a shame.

What is inexcusable is going to MSFT store and not one person there knows the products. Examples...

Me, "What phone do you guys use, I love the 950XL...Answers, were I have an M9 and an iPhone, or I have an android phone"

Me, "Do you guys have someone who knows about the MSFT band...10 minutes later one guy out of 10 has one, and doesn't know anything about it and uses his iPhone with it"

It should be mandatory that all employees use the full MSFT stack of hardware!
    Uh ya, ok. You know that if you go to a Ford plant you'll see more than just Ford brand cars right?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-27-2016 05:45 PM
    What's the point of giving ATT all the exclusives

Sent from mTalk
    01-27-2016 07:58 PM
    What's the point of giving ATT all the exclusives

Sent from mTalk
    Also take into cconsiderationthat Verizon 's boss hates Windows Phones
    01-28-2016 08:40 AM
    Also take into cconsiderationthat Verizon 's boss hates Windows Phones
    Something must have happened in the past between MS and Verizon that led to this.
    01-28-2016 09:20 AM
    I work at a MS partner writing code during the day and work for Best Buy in the Geek Squad at night. We run the full MS stack in my house other than the kids who run Galaxy S6s (if they wanted iPhones they could find somewhere else to live). We have a home built Windows Home Server, home built HTPC running Windows 7, Xbox One on the main TV, Xbox 360s on all of the rest in the house as Media Center extenders, 3 windows 10 laptops, a Surface Pro, two gaming desktops, and two Lumia 928s (waiting on Verizon to wake up). I use my personal setup when recommending products or solutions at Best Buy. The lack of any great windows phone on Verizon makes it tough as Verizon has the best reception in our area by a large margin.
    01-28-2016 09:50 AM
    Just simply put the boss of android uses a android phone

The boss of apple uses iphone, iPad and mac.

Boss of Microsoft uses????..... At most probably a windows pc but I'd say that's about all. As daily drivers.
    01-28-2016 10:06 AM
    Well, Joe Belfiore gave a really good reply to all trolls who refuse to mind their own business. Screen shot below.
    Attachment 121323
    I'd call this reply arrogant rather than good.
    Never liked that guy anyway...
    Lord Method Man likes this.
    01-28-2016 10:07 AM
    Not in the parking lot close to the entrance, non Fords park across the street.
    01-28-2016 10:13 AM
    Not in the parking lot close to the entrance, non Fords park across the street.
    The Ford plant nearest to me was shut down. Not even Ford owners park there anymore.
    01-28-2016 10:55 AM
    I was a temp at the Microsoft store here in San Diego, they give all the employees new phones , surfaces (latest and greatest) and in certain cases laptops and Xboxes. Some of the guys I worked with even had the opportunity to have early release units of the Xbox One. There were people that didn't use Windows phone but you would just check one out at the start of your shift.
    Bryan Leon likes this.
    01-28-2016 11:48 AM
    This still boils down to the fact that MSFT is awful at getting carrier support. Why would a MS employee go for AT&T if they like Verizon? I have a friend who works for Apple and they get HUGE discounts on their products. I hope it's the same with MS, but if this post is true, it doesn't seem like it.
    01-28-2016 11:55 AM
    I'd call this reply arrogant rather than good.
    Never liked that guy anyway...
    Yeah, I don't blame him for not wanting Windows Mobile, its awful and even MS knows it. His reply was just dumb though. Whats sad is there are fanboys on this forum who actually accepted it.
    Spr Cmd likes this.
    01-28-2016 01:58 PM
    Most of the people in the world have iPhones?
    Oh, no, they do not! It is very expensive and not many people can pay that much for a phone. The only country where lots of people really have iPhones is the US.
    The rest have Samsung. They might want iPhones, but what they really use is Samsung.
    01-28-2016 06:23 PM
96 1234