Why Microsoft Doesn't Get it.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
That is the expectation of a foolish person if he expects an employee of Toyota to drive a Toyota car. And, if the person still don't see the light, he is definitely not grown up yet to see the difference.

I hate bad comparison examples. Does Toyota have 3% of the car market? Does a car cost Toyota $50-$100 to make, where it would be no cost to give employees cars? Does the Toyota employee not know about the Toyota Tundra truck?

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
You will know where MSFT stands on the mobile platform with their next build. If they don't fix the following simple fixes, you know they don't care or are inept.

1. Close all tabs in edge doesn't work
2. Email pinned tile unread counts don't work
3. Edge battery drain
4. Edge not opening the right web page from a pinned website

Now the batter drain might take a little time, but hell they probably have 100 developers, if I had the source code, I could fix the close all browsers in a day or two at most.

mdefran65

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
so not true my son interviewed for a position in the Microsoft store they pay well and you have to be very technical to work there they set the bar very high.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The main problem I have with MS is the limited exposure and availability of WP everywhere. This story is certainly alarming, but what's worse is wanting a good WP and not being able to find one on your carrier. I had jumped to AT&T years prior (from Sprint) to get the 900 and loved it, but considering my family is on a Sprint family plan I couldn't justify spending an extra $1400 again over 2 years to get a WP. So when my AT&T contract ended I went back to Sprint and reluctantly got a Note 3 when I found all they had were 2 year old WP models.

Even now when you look AT&T is the only carrier with any selection of WPs. T-Mobile and Verizon have a few but really the selection is anemic. Sure, you can buy a WP off contract for $500 but very, very few people do that. Yes it's cheaper in the long run, but most consumers want to get it in their hands for the lowest up-front costs they can.

The bottom line is, if you don't see it in front of you and there's no inexpensive option to get one consumers will find a different phone. Until MS changes this then WP will continue to fail.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been to bestbuy and asked for the Microsoft Band 2 and they told me that they have replacement bands for for fitbit in the corner it took awhile for them to look it up in the computer to see what I was talking about.

jmagwp

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've visited two Microsoft Stores in the LA area and have had great experiences. The first store was better than the second, but both were good. Very knowledgeable staff. It seemed that everyone had either a Windows Phone or a Band and they knew the computers pretty well. I actually love going into the Microsoft Stores because they tend to be close to or right across from Apple Stores and I kid you not the Apple folks stare you down like you just kidnapped their child.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Would you be so kind to tell MS that it's mobile fans are sick of their lies and we don't take the bite anymore?

Obviously that isn't the case as you can see from these forums the force is strong with WP fans. Some of the statements are deep in ****** territory, much like other brand blind fanboys they have their following of drones who would buy their products even if they didn't work.

With that said, I can confidently say none of the platforms are bad but none are perfect enough to consider one the best. For WP fans, unfortunately the unique OS is hindered by the app gap and this will be a factor of why it won't have the market share we all wish it did.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jamessia

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have been to many ATT stores, and today I went to the local MSFT store. The employees don't know a thing about any MSFT products. ATT has had exclusives on Lumias for years, but MSFT doesn't enforce product knowledge. What a shame.

What is inexcusable is going to MSFT store and not one person there knows the products. Examples...

Me, "What phone do you guys use, I love the 950XL...Answers, were I have an M9 and an iPhone, or I have an android phone"

Me, "Do you guys have someone who knows about the MSFT band...10 minutes later one guy out of 10 has one, and doesn't know anything about it and uses his iPhone with it"

It should be mandatory that all employees use the full MSFT stack of hardware!

If you are working in a MSFT store, you are obligated to know all their products and be proficient in them. Microsoft must provide all the necessary trainings and have everyone certified through some sort of tests. Otherwise just close the shop since there is no value in it.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Obviously that isn't the case as you can see from these forums the force is strong with WP fans. Some of the statements are deep in ****** territory, much like other brand blind fanboys they have their following of drones who would buy their products even if they didn't work.

With that said, I can confidently say none of the platforms are bad but none are perfect enough to consider one the best. For WP fans, unfortunately the unique OS is hindered by the app gap and this will be a factor of why it won't have the market share we all wish it did.

It's not only the app gap, it's the win10 OS which is a total mess.

VermaEklavya

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
That's not my point... They are making better software products for ios and android first. Then sometimes they bring them to WP. They may say they are committed to the WP platform, but they are clearly not trying to drive market share. Here is a simple example. Take the decent phone Lumia 650, which maybe costs $100 to make. Why not give them away, that's right give 5 million away in the us. a 500mil hit is nothing for msft and would get their phones our there. every 12 year old would have a Lumia because parents like Free.

You see no real advertising for their phones, or the OS. Hell even the ads that do come out don't show why the OS is better than iOS etc...

Giving out $500 mil worth of free stuff, is not only a bad marketing decision, its a bad business decision. Imagine the headlines afterwards - "Microsoft in deep troubled waters, hands out 5 million phones free", or "Microsoft clears inventory, Windows Phone is dead", or something like "Microsoft has lost the battle against iPhone and Android, now resorts to force tactics".

Microsoft would then have spent $500 million dollars, and in return gained really bad and negative press.

What they are doing now with cross platform apps is actually gaining them more consumers while improving their image in the market. If you don't know the basics about business and marketing, please learn before you make such statements.

VermaEklavya

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I work at a MS partner writing code during the day and work for Best Buy in the Geek Squad at night. We run the full MS stack in my house other than the kids who run Galaxy S6s (if they wanted iPhones they could find somewhere else to live). We have a home built Windows Home Server, home built HTPC running Windows 7, Xbox One on the main TV, Xbox 360s on all of the rest in the house as Media Center extenders, 3 windows 10 laptops, a Surface Pro, two gaming desktops, and two Lumia 928s (waiting on Verizon to wake up). I use my personal setup when recommending products or solutions at Best Buy. The lack of any great windows phone on Verizon makes it tough as Verizon has the best reception in our area by a large margin.

You sir are already lucky to have so much MSFT at home! Please let your kids buy iPhones if they really want to, it's not the end of the world.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Win10 was rebuilt from the ground up, of course it is "a total mess", but over time it's going to get better.

the same thing you say, others have said with wp7.never happened, MS ditched those users with non update policy to wp8. then winrt, now again. sorry but I won't take the bite again.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
the same thing you say, others have said with wp7.never happened, MS ditched those users with non update policy to wp8. then winrt, now again. sorry but I won't take the bite again.
To be fair, they already reaches their final destination with windows 10. Now we are just gonna have update after update after update.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread really has little to do with 950 XL specifically; moved from 950 XL forum to General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6