Why Microsoft Doesn't Get it.

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
How many times can you rebuild a platform? At a certain point you have to admit that you failed, you had no vision and Apple/Google won the mobile war. Just become a writer of apps on their platforms for consumer and continue expanding Azure for the enterprise. That's what MS does best. They should settle in becoming a $50/billion a year company by 2020 with about $12 billion profit. That's not bad and MS can do that indefinitely. Who says that have to win the consumer war in order to survive as a company?

El Mac

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree... Actually even Joe Belfiore uses iPhone. This is a mess, he is Twittering using the iPhone App and it's visible for everyone. Don't come with "they have to know their competitors". They just have a piece of software (HARDWARE IS GOOD) that does not work and is not usable if you really need to do stuff on your phone.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree... Actually even Joe Belfiore uses iPhone. This is a mess, he is Twittering using the iPhone App and it's visible for everyone. Don't come with "they have to know their competitors". They just have a piece of software (HARDWARE IS GOOD) that does not work and is not usable if you really need to do stuff on your phone.
You are missing the point. When Joe comes back in summer, he's going to be telling the team what iOS and Android so right and what they don't do right and then they'll copy slot of useful features. He even said himself that he had to use WP everyday to find any bugs.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
How many times can you rebuild a platform? At a certain point you have to admit that you failed, you had no vision and Apple/Google won the mobile war. Just become a writer of apps on their platforms for consumer and continue expanding Azure for the enterprise. That's what MS does best. They should settle in becoming a $50/billion a year company by 2020 with about $12 billion profit. That's not bad and MS can do that indefinitely. Who says that have to win the consumer war in order to survive as a company?
They aren't rebuilding anymore they are done. Now it's just updates from here.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow you guys are so depressing

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
There are still a lot of us that like the Windows phone, even though the app gap. Some critics base their
experience on one Windows phone,. I have 4 Windows phones, 2 testing Windows 10, one Nokia 900,
and a BLU WIN HD LTE, running Windows 8.1. There are still flaws in Windows 10, where the 8.1 is
my main phone. I do inter change the SIM card between the Nokia 520 and the BLU phone for testing.
the 950 takes a Nano SIM so the carrier has to be involved for swapping, don't want to do it yet.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do inter change the SIM card between the Nokia 520 and the BLU phone for testing.
the 950 takes a Nano SIM so the carrier has to be involved for swapping, don't want to do it yet.

nanoSIM FTW. Then get a quality adapter set like these ones:
Robot Check
or
Robot Check

The key is that it should have a back to it and either an adhesive built in, or you should apply an adhesive yourself to keep the nano seated.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There are still a lot of us that like the Windows phone, even though the app gap. Some critics base their
experience on one Windows phone,. I have 4 Windows phones, 2 testing Windows 10, one Nokia 900,
and a BLU WIN HD LTE, running Windows 8.1. There are still flaws in Windows 10, where the 8.1 is
my main phone. I do inter change the SIM card between the Nokia 520 and the BLU phone for testing.
I don't know what carrier you have but I had no issues asking for a 3 in one sim since my phone and the phone I wanted to try take two different size Sim cards. For reference, I am on t-mobile.

It's also great because I can always fit the nano back into the micro and also the mini if I wanted to, but I never do it for the mini.

WellingtonW

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Isn't it logical that the people who are trying to develop the MSFT platform and products use the competitors' products and services to learn about them. In that light, Belfiore and others using the competing products is actually rather good. Knowing your competition is important in all other lines of business - why wouldn't it be in this....

That is true.

Letting everyone know you don't use your own product is bad, bad PR. And good PR for the competitor.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
That is true.

Letting everyone know you don't use your own product is bad, bad PR. And good PR for the competitor.

Well, we can at least give them credit for telling the truth and not hiding behind the curtain :) At least we know that the MS apps and services are well supported on the other platforms so we won't lose anything when we switch over.

memmerp

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft's position now has anything to do with what they've done with their current products. The main problem they have is that they are late to game on Microsoft phones and mobile. Everyone knows that Apple threw a huge wrench in the gears after coming out with the iPhone First Gen in 2007. I think Microsoft would have been way better off making android phones and apps, while they were taking years to develop windows 7 and 8 on mobile. It would have brought in a lot of revenue and profits probably, while making the Microsoft brand prominent in the Google play/App store for apps and games.
Microsoft is a software company and this strategy I laid out would have made a greater impact on the mobile market, while they developed their own software and built up an app store that would have been acceptable to customers. The Steve Balmer way totally screwed them, and now Apple and Google have not only built a great experience for Android and IOS, but they have built a culture in the U.S. and the world. For Microsoft it was all about timing and letting years go without getting anything done. Imagine if they went the way of universal apps back in 2010, I think all the developers would have built the many apps that Microsoft is missing. They did everything late, that's the main problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos