Come on MS, my Samsung phone sucks!

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
A month or two ago, my Icon died. Sadly, only Verizon has decent coverage near my house. What a depressing situation: I needed a new phone now; however, the only new higher-end Windows Phones (950 and 950XL) are nothing to write home about, and even if I were willing to settle for them, I can't because Verizon doesn't carry them. It's as if MS is doing their best to keep me from using a Windows Phone.

To be clear: I don't care about the supposed app gap. I don't care what phone my friends have. I just want a shiny new Windows Phone with a Lumia-quality camera. It's not asking much, but apparently it's asking too much.

Clinging to a glimmer of hope, I forged a solution. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Now, I don't like Android much, and I despise the bastardized version of Android that Samsung forces upon its users. But my wife likes Samsung phones. I figured that maybe, just maybe, MS might release a nice Surface Phone this year. I would buy that, and my wife could inherit my shiny new Samsung.

And so, I wait. Every day, I dread picking up my phone. The interface drives me crazy. The camera is OK, but a far cry from my old Icon, and the camera quality a really big deal to me. And so, I wait.

Apparently I'm not the only one waiting. I just read the article on the front page of Windows Central about the radical drop in sales of Windows Phones over the past few months.

Please, MS, come out with a Windows Phone that is (a) nice, and (b) available on Verizon. Is that really asking too much?

Perhaps MS is working on a spectacular new Surface Phone that will be available on Verizon. Perhaps this will be a great year to be a Windows Phone user. Or, perhaps, MS has thrown in the towel. I hope not, because I really hate my Samsung phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
A month or two ago, my Icon died. Sadly, only Verizon has decent coverage near my house. What a depressing situation: I needed a new phone now; however, the only new higher-end Windows Phones (950 and 950XL) are nothing to write home about, and even if I were willing to settle for them, I can't because Verizon doesn't carry them. It's as if MS is doing their best to keep me from using a Windows Phone.

To be clear: I don't care about the supposed app gap. I don't care what phone my friends have. I just want a shiny new Windows Phone with a Lumia-quality camera. It's not asking much, but apparently it's asking too much.

Clinging to a glimmer of hope, I forged a solution. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Now, I don't like Android much, and I despise the bastardized version of Android that Samsung forces upon its users. But my wife likes Samsung phones. I figured that maybe, just maybe, MS might release a nice Surface Phone this year. I would buy that, and my wife could inherit my shiny new Samsung.

And so, I wait. Every day, I dread picking up my phone. The interface drives me crazy. The camera is OK, but a far cry from my old Icon, and the camera quality a really big deal to me. And so, I wait.

Apparently I'm not the only one waiting. I just read the article on the front page of Windows Central about the radical drop in sales of Windows Phones over the past few months.

Please, MS, come out with a Windows Phone that is (a) nice, and (b) available on Verizon. Is that really asking too much?

Perhaps MS is working on a spectacular new Surface Phone that will be available on Verizon. Perhaps this will be a great year to be a Windows Phone user. Or, perhaps, MS has thrown in the towel. I hope not, because I really hate my Samsung phone.

Sales have dropped, yes, due to various reasons.

Certainly the weird carrier situation in your country does not help.

It is my belief that when MS will release new phones, they would be meant for the whole world (190+ countries) and not just concentrate on one carrier in one country

iwameed

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the carrier situation is a big hindrance to the sales of windows phone in the US. The surface phone is happening, but no idea when its gonna be available. But if you wanna play around with windows till that happens, get an unlocked budget lumia as a secondary, maybe.

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you move on to another platform? Pretty sure they are quite good

I'm not sure what you mean by "another platform." If you're talking about a different OS, that's what I did by buying a Samsung. If you're talking about another carrier, there aren't any other carriers that have decent reception where I live.

DT_17

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by "another platform." If you're talking about a different OS, that's what I did by buying a Samsung. If you're talking about another carrier, there aren't any other carriers that have decent reception where I live.
maybe he is talking about another OS (so, only iOS left) or maybe he is talking about another Droid Skin, means Not TouchWiz something else.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Android is one of, if not the most customizable mobile OS under-the-sun, there is plenty of stuff you can do.

You can change the launcher out (I use Action 3) among other things. Although the fact you got a Verizon-branded Android means its handicapped in the things that can be done. (no root, currently locked bootloader so no custom ROMs, doesnt seem to be any Xposed support...)

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just sell your Samsung S6 Edge away since you are so dreadful picking your phone everyday. As you don't care about the app gap (which lots of others do), just get a cheap 640XL and move on. So many around the world are enjoying Android and iOS yet you are the one who detest Android. If I were you, I will rather learn to get used to the interface of Android and enjoying the vast app choices that the platform provides, than suffering the app gaps on windows phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3