There's nothing wrong with MS adding IOS & Android Support

CJT1980

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I really understand and get why Microsoft went this route to add support to IOS and Android it's about the money ... but where I think where they went wrong at is not having "EXCLUSIVE" features just for Windows devices. Sure IOS and Android users will still get a great experience. Just like Xbox and Ps4 you can get the same game but one console will have that exclusive feature that could make the buyer go with their platform. Does anyone know if Microsoft ever considered doing this outside of Xbox?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I really understand and get why Microsoft went this route to add support to IOS and Android it's about the money ... but where I think where they went wrong at is not having "EXCLUSIVE" features just for Windows devices. Sure IOS and Android users will still get a great experience. Just like Xbox and Ps4 you can get the same game but one console will have that exclusive feature that could make the buyer go with their platform. Does anyone know if Microsoft ever considered doing this outside of Xbox?

I love their strategy. I want my services anywhere I go. Services and software is where Microsoft has always made it's money.. They are just getting back to that.

The exclusive features is the core is and how the user interacts with it... If ever one could get the same apps on al three devices, what would be the problem then? The android crowd would still want to root their phone.. The apple crown would still like their camp and so called premium ecosystem, but windows would be a true player in the race. Windows, or was for the majority of time, very stable easy, efficient for the user and its resources, good hardware, etc.

I personally prefer the windows ecosystem, even though I just purchased an android phone to use as my daily driver till the surface phone comes. $150 for a blu life one x and I still have every Microsoft service I had on windows. Now I am typing this on my 640. I am happy where Microsoft is going and I really think he future will bring about a change.

Exclusive features to force and lock me to something pisses me off to the point I will not use it and run for the hills. Being open makes me want to go in and make a home.

We are really in a time where devices are throw-aways, how wasteful. All we want is our data and services from to be available no matter where we are or what we use.

I like windows OS the best. I miss how much easier getting to my OneDrive data, pics, and such is on my 640... So happy my android phone is backwards compatible. I don't skip a beat going between phones. I am very surprised with how far android has come... Very stable and I think the "smartest" is out there in terms of features and implementation. There is no beat OS, but I like and trust windows more. I don't trust google nor like them much anymore... They are not fair, ao I make sure to use as many Microsoft services as I can. Not interested in apples ecosystem one bit.

CJT1980

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree with you but Microsoft isn't just a software company anymore. They are pushing hardware as well along with their partners that put their software on their hardware to SELL. So yes, creating Window Device exclusives will help grow the Windows hardware market. So whats the incentive of an Andriod or IOS to which to the windows ecosystem if there's no "carrot" dangling in front of them to switch sides?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree with you but Microsoft isn't just a software company anymore. They are pushing hardware as well along with their partners that put their software on their hardware to SELL. So yes, creating Window Device exclusives will help grow the Windows hardware market. So whats the incentive of an Andriod or IOS to which to the windows ecosystem if there's no "carrot" dangling in front of them to switch sides?
They tried exclusives, but it didn't work.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
At first I really hated using android but I started using Microsoft's launcher Arrow to replace TouchWiz and their lock screen Next. Combining these to applications tweaks makes android actually usable, efficient, innovative and an enjoyable experience.

I would have to say that they make some of the most innovative apps for android. However, contrary to popular belief, all their apps are not necessarily better. Outlook is not so good but another member here pointed me to Nine as an exchange client. Cortana and OneNote could use some improvement too. But OneDrive does seem to work better on android.

In the end, I'm happy Microsoft is still with me.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
At first I really hated using android but I started using Microsoft's launcher Arrow to replace TouchWiz and their lock screen Next. Combining these to applications tweaks makes android actually usable, efficient, innovative and an enjoyable experience.

I would have to say that they make some of the most innovative apps for android. However, contrary to popular belief, all their apps are not necessarily better. Outlook is not so good but another member here pointed me to Nine as an exchange client. Cortana and OneNote could use some improvement too. But OneDrive does seem to work better on android.

In the end, I'm happy Microsoft is still with me.

Outlook sucks... On android... I recently trashed it. I thought it was good and like that it recognized m aliases... But after using I really missed the windows phone version which to me is better. OneDrive is good om Android, but does not display all of my directories which is weird. Again, I miss the windows phone version. Microsoft health and band works much better with android that windows phone or iPhone... I miss Cortana on my band, but it is always in sync. Bot windows phone ans iPhone have issues with that.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Wwll, once Microsoft gers a phone and has an OS worth using... Seriously, this surface phone will finally be an effort that has it all worked out. I have been with windows mobile since 5. I love how Microsoft has scraped ideas time and time again... Until they get it right. I never see them giving up. I be live in their way so I always have hope for the best and use what they have... I also use ans appreciate other companies and products.

The carrot will be an experience with hardware and software that is tight and works. Usually when you can get in the door with something small, you can sell more. Windows 10 for the most part is adopted by people... The surface line is recognized and respected... People do not question it, they want it. Microsoft challenged the market and partners and it has paid off. Windows has some great hardware to run on now. That marriage on the phone has not yet been completed. It's break-up to make-up. Only fans can tolerate that.

Apple has the best hardware and software relationship where as they are designed to take advantage as they are integrated... Android has the worse as the windows method of just meet these specs and it will run idea. Microsoft is now more integral with hardware and software than ever before.

Most iPhone android people have a windows computer. Most people say they want a mac, but have windows computers... Most people really can't use a mac or windows, lol. The surface brand is respected and truely desired. It has challenged apple in the one area they convinced the world they only provide, premium hardware. Apple capitalized on people coveting their products. People looking at other ans wanting it... Microsoft surface has that now. So iPhone Android users will will buy a premium computer running an OS they know...

Microsoft's software and services being everywhere is great foe the consumer and marketing. Once people drop the fan craziness, they just want stuff that works. It's not about exclusive ls to lock one in an ecosystem... It's about an ecosystem that truely iand exclusively brings it all together and and just works. I think that when Microsoft releases the surface phone, we want need a carrot... People will want tohe whole garden... And no, not the walled and xondfinded gargen of apple...rhe secure and fated garden with pretty, usefule and open fresh windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo