Overnight charging with wall charger

Vijay_Anand

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered a million times before. I want to know if there are any harmful side effects to leaving my 950 on charge overnight bi the wall charger. I'm not very technically gifted, so could someone, in layman's terms, explain to me if it's harmful to the battery or if it has no discernible impact on it if i were to charge my phone overnight? I'll be grateful for any advice, or even if I'm pointed to an already existing thread.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Leaving your phone plugged in for a prolonged period of time may result in any of the following:

1. Unwanted increased in electricity bill (though this could be only minimal);

2. Unwanted heating of the internal components of the phone and/or battery - which can dramatically decrease the serviceable life of both the phone and the battery. Certain battery models (of course companies won't disclose which ones those are) have been observed to swell up due to prolonged charging, damaging the battery and the phone. The chemistry is simple, but long to discuss.

3. Unwanted heating in the internal components of the charger - which can damage the charger.

4. Burning the house down - there have been several news reports of houses burned down because of chargers and phones left plugged in.

So, as much as you can, don't leave your phone charging overnight. In fact, don't leave any of your devices plugged in overnight! Or, consider purchasing an extension cord that has a timer that will automatically turn off after a certain period of time (e.g. if you expect your phone to be charged in two hours, then set the timer to turn off after two hours.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett