Windows Device Recovery Tool Expanded... Covers More OEMs

Christophe Nc

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hello, i need some help,I followed the procedure this link http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...ol-expanded-covers-more-oems.html#post3409280
I have everything written in Chinese or Japanese screen and asks me to test several phone function, once I test everything , there is still not start
Visionneuse images - Noelshack

but now boot on this screen, and I do not understand what to do next ???..

All the reflections on the screen in the picture you took make it hard for me to use Translator via my phone's camera. I believe those are your phone's self test results.

Try a Soft Reset (hold Power + Volume Down until the phone reboots and vibrates). Hopefully that gets you into the setup menu.

If that is in Chinese when you continue and it is the setup, the first thing is language choice. For Chinese Traditional (Taiwan) the selection you want for English (US) would be 英語(美國) or for Chinese Simplified it would be 英语(美国)

Note that if you do a reset and there is no SIM card in, you get the base language for the ROM. If you reset and have a SIM card in it reads your preferred language based on SIM. :cool:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
v3.10.24401 adds support for HP Elite X3, v3.11.34101 adds support for Telstra branded HP Elite X3

As always, if...

...there is no emergency or "flash mode" recovery advice for this model in the WDRT at this time, I would try the standard Lumia/OEM advice from post #2 above in case you get stuck on not having your device recognized/recovered.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
v3.11.34101 added support for the following devices on 12/12/2016:

• Alcatel Idol 4S T-Mobile branded and Idol 4S Open Market
  • Telstra branded HP Elite X3
  • Lenovo Softbank 503LV
  • Zebra TC700J

OP updated.

For the above listed models...

...there is no emergency or "flash mode" recovery advice for these models in the WDRT at this time, I would try the standard Lumia/OEM advice from post #2 above in case you get stuck on not having your device recognized/recovered.

Peter Gloor

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have an Acer Liquid M220 Dual SIM with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB ROM. According to the information on the package it has been built April 2015 for usage in France.

Recently I've been told that I can upgrade this phone to Windows 10 after installing the Insider app. While this eventually might be true for the model with 1 GB RAM this ended in a disaster on my phone. I was no longer able to boot nor to enter the phone's built-in recovery tool.

Finally I found the Windows Device Recovery Tool. However, WDRT could not discover my device, so I had to manually select the phone and SKU.

Now the big question: Which SKU to choose from the list of WW_GEN1H, PA_CUS1H, WW_GEN1 and AAP_GLOBE?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
*sigh* I've searched the internet (as I'm sure you have) and can't find variant definitions for this phone.

I'd contact Acer support and ask them, have IMEI 1 on hand for a reference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos