Windows Device Recovery Tool Expanded... Covers More OEMs

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone Device Recovery Tool expanded again on 12/12/2016 to version 3.11.34101: Windows Device Recovery Tool adds support for Alcatel Idol 4S and more

Here is where to get the tool: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-device-recovery-tool-faq

In addition to Lumia Devices, WDRT now supports the following as well:

For BLU Win HD ONLY the W510u variant for the Americas is supported. Check your model before attempting.

For BLU Win HD LTE ONLY the X150q variant for the Americas is supported. Check your model before attempting. WDRT will not give the latest official. It flashes you to the Release version. Update: X150e now supported as well.

For BLU Win HD LTE ONLY the X150e variant (World or Euro model) use this method: http://forums.windowscentral.com/bl...lly-blu-win-hd-lte-factory-restore-image.html

For BLU Win Jr ONLY the W410a variant for the US prepaid market is supported. Check your model before attempting.

For HTC 8x, member shakeyplace advises to: enter bootloader mode, let the device drivers load, then start WDRT. Follow This Link.

BLU Win Jr LTE added:
X130q & X130e variants supported.

Microsoft HoloLens added: HoloLens & HoloLens Clicker supported.

Acer Models added with v3.6.39: Liquid M220, Liquid M330. Liquid Jade Primo

v3.7.18601 added support for the following devices:

• (Trinity) NuAns Neo
  • Unistrong T536
  • Vaio Phone Biz
  • YEZZ Billy 4.7

v3.9.20701 added support for the following devices on 28/07/2016:

• Digginos Mobile DG-W10M
  • Freetel - Katana01 & Katana 02
  • Inversenet - Yamada Denki EveryPhone
  • Jenesys WPJ40-10
  • Kruger & Matz Soul 2
  • MCJ Madosma Q601
  • Micromax W121
  • Xolo Win Q900s
v3.10.24401 adds support for HP Elite X3

v3.11.34101 added support for the following devices on 12/12/2016:
  • Alcatel Idol 4S T-Mobile branded and Idol 4S Open Market
  • HP Elite X3 for Telstra
  • Lenovo Softbank 503LV
  • Zebra TC700J

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the following phones if you are not detected properly:
  • All Lumia Phones running 8/8.1/W10M
  • Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
  • BLU Win HD (W510u)
  • BLU Win HD LTE (X150q & X150e)
  • BLU Win Jr (W410a)
  • BLU Win Jr LTE (X130q & X130e)
  • LG Lancet

Power off your phone. Press and hold Power. As soon as the phone vibrates, release Power and hold down Volume Up until you see the "Lightning Bolt and Gear" screen. Release Volume Up.

Connect the device to USB on your computer. Open WDRT and select "My device was not detected." Navigate to your phone OEM and Model as appropriate. Begin recovery.

Capture02.png

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the following phones if you are not detected properly:
  • HTC 8x
  • HTC One (M8) Windows Phone

Power off your phone. Press and hold Power. As soon as the phone vibrates, release Power and hold down Volume Up and Volume Down until you see the "Barcode" screen. Release Volume Up and Volume Down.

Connect the device to USB on your computer. Open WDRT and select "My device was not detected." Navigate to your phone OEM and Model as appropriate. Begin recovery.

Capture01.png

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the following device if you are not detected properly:
  • Microsoft HoloLens

1. Turn off your HoloLens by pressing and holding the Power button for 15 seconds, until all of the lights are off.
  2. Press and hold Volume Up.
  3. While holding Volume Up, press and hold the Power button until you see the middle LED light up on the device arm (approximately 10 seconds).

HoloLens Recovery.png

For the following device if you are not detected properly:

• Microsoft HoloLens Clicker

1. Press and hold down the Click button.
  2. While holding Click, simultaneously press and hold the Pairing button using a stylus or pen.
  3. Hold both buttons for approximately 15 seconds to reset the Clicker.

HoloLens Clicker Recovery.png

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
<edit> This information is deprecated. The X150e is now supported by WDRT. You may still use the method below, but it is more cumbersome and no longer required. </edit>

Confirmation has come in from member gmincca that the WDRT only supports the Americas variant (X150q). It will unfortunately flash that firmware and OS to a World variant (X150e) and leave it with a non-functional radio.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/bl...ry-tool-3-1-6-blu-win-phones.html#post3410033

This user's IP shows he is in Europe so most likely he has the X150e...

Currently I'm having a very bad experience using the WDRT.
As I tried to use the insider build before, and that seemed locked in 'applying update' mode, I decided to roll back using WDRT
This kinda broke my phone... as it is impossible to get out of airplane mode
placing the sim in another phone makes it work like a charm, but it seems like my BLU doesn't want to read the sim anymore.

I already tried several things, hard/soft resets, reapplying the firmware etc... nothing seems to help as once you're trying to switch the airplane mode off, it "flickers" between airplane and both sim slots like a madman.

Someone has a suggestion? Key is that my BLU is an european version, so there might be some incompatibilities on the G4 channels causing this issue, but if this is the case, there is no way for me to solve this issue. My only hope is that engaging in the preview will actually reinstall the drivers solving this issue.

Anyone else actually tried to use the WDRT without issues? just to know/warn other people

It is now confirmed by gmincca that this method will restore an X150e World variant, which would mean do not attempt it in an X150q Americas variant... http://forums.windowscentral.com/bl...lly-blu-win-hd-lte-factory-restore-image.html

You've flashed USA variant ROM onto an EU phone. Flashing aircraft mode shows problem with radios, sim cards won't work. You need to flash with the recovery ROM (which is EU) in another post in the Blue win HD LTE forum here (kashifayed). I've done it on mine and fixed it fine.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For BLU Win HD LTE X150q: Confirmed Recovery, with a twist.

WDRT does NOT flash the latest official which should have been 8.1 Update 2. Instead it gave me Release software. There are 2 OTA updates to get back to official.

wp_ss_20160216_0001.jpg

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
For BLU Win HD LTE X150q: Confirmed Recovery, with a twist.

WDRT does NOT flash the latest official which should have been 8.1 Update 2. Instead it gave me Release software. There are 2 OTA updates to get back to official.

The WDRT does something similar to the Lumia 920 (Mine is RM-821) it flashes Cyan and then you need to do an OTA update to get upto Denim.

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used this on an ALCATEL Fierce XL, and if so what build is it that is available on the servers, don't need to reload .63, was hoping it might be .107.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
<edit> This information is deprecated. The X150e is now supported by WDRT. You may still use the method below, but it is more cumbersome and no longer required. </edit>

It is now confirmed by gmincca that this method will restore an X150e World variant, which would mean do not attempt it in an X150q Americas variant... http://forums.windowscentral.com/bl...lly-blu-win-hd-lte-factory-restore-image.html

OP and post #8 updated.

Last edited:

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
For the HTC 8X the tool recognises it when plugged in to the computer in phone mode, once it is put in boot loader mode WDRT does nothing. Won't recover the phone. (Nothing wrong with the phone, just thought I'd test that}

** EDIT. The first time I started WDRT and then connected my phone, that didn't work. Next I tried putting the phone in boot loader mode, then connecting it to the PC. It then loaded drivers and once they were loaded I started the WDRT and it correctly identified the phone and started to download recovery files. So it does appear to support the phone, it's just a little temperamental about which order you do things.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A long overdue update to this thread... Current version is 3.4.34.

Microsoft HoloLens & HoloLens Clicker added to WDRT.
BLU Win HD LTE (X150e) added to WDRT.
BLU Win Jr LTE (X130q & X130e) added to WDRT.

OP and all relevant posts updated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With version 3.6.39 Acer devices were added for WDRT support:
  • Liquid M220 (WW_GEN1H / PA_CUS1H / WW_GEN1 / AAP_GLOBE)
  • Liquid M330 (EMEA_BGCS / WW_GEN1S / WW_GEN1 / PA_GEN1)
  • Liquid Jade Primo (No variants specified)
As there is no emergency or "flash mode" recovery advice for these models in the WDRT at this time, I would try the standard Lumia/OEM advice from post #2 above in case you get stuck on not having your device recognized/recovered.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
v3.7.18601 added support for the following devices:
  • (Trinity) NuAns Neo
  • Unistrong T536
  • Vaio Phone Biz
  • YEZZ Billy 4.7
OP updated. As there is no emergency or "flash mode" recovery advice for these models in the WDRT at this time, I would try the standard Lumia/OEM advice from post #2 above in case you get stuck on not having your device recognized/recovered.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For Digginos Mobile DG-W10M, Inversenet - Yamada Denki EveryPhone, Freetel - Katana01 & Katana 02, Jenesys WPJ40-10, Kruger & Matz Soul 2, Micromax W121 and Xolo Win Q900s...

...there is no emergency or "flash mode" recovery advice for these models in the WDRT at this time, I would try the standard Lumia/OEM advice from post #2 above in case you get stuck on not having your device recognized/recovered.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
v3.9.20701 added support for the following devices on 28/07/2016:

• Digginos Mobile DG-W10M
  • Freetel - Katana01 & Katana 02
  • Inversenet - Yamada Denki EveryPhone
  • Jenesys WPJ40-10
  • Kruger & Matz Soul 2
  • MCJ Madosma Q601
  • Micromax W121