Which phone for mother? Or stay put?

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My mom has a Lumia 928 on Verizon which she is happy with. She is eligible for an upgrade, but being on Verizon, is not worth anything if she stays with Windows Phone. So, there is always the option of switching to AT&T. Here are my questions:

Is there a phone worthy of getting to replace the 928? The 950 seems to be very flaky, according to reviews, and a gamble whether you're able to get a decent unit. Perhaps the latest build has helped? The upcoming 650 seems like a downgrade, or at best a lateral move.

It seems questionable if the 928 will get W10M pushed to it. I could put the Insider Preview (release preview) on her phone, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable about it. Does anyone know how W10M is running on the 928?

She's not in a rush to upgrade, so she can wait for a little while. And perhaps that is the best option at this point? I'm not exactly sure what to suggest to her.

I'm running the latest non-Redstone build on my AT&T 830, just as an FYI. I'm enjoying it - most of the major issues have been ironed out, for me at least. Though I'm also looking to upgrade....Not sure to what though. Same quandary!

Any thoughts are appreciated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
928 is a nice phone and has that rare xenon flash... If her battery is good, let her roll.

If her Verizon account is one of those that an "upgrade" won't increase her monthly plan cost with a certain device range she could use that and you could sell that one for her. Give her the "mad money" and tell her it is her Windows Phone loyalty bonus.

:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss