Mix Radio is going away!

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So when I launched Mix Radio yesterday I got a pop up that said that they were canceling the app and that it would soon quit working. I think it said it would be until the end of the month.

Dang it! I loved this app!

Now I'll have to use Pandora again and deal with their ridiculous commercials. :-/

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately. :/
I turned on my Lumia today and saw that it was no longer available already.
You can try the iheartradio app too, since it allows to make your own station but you have a very limited number of skips.

Ron McIntyre

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
“Why are you still using a Windows Phone?” That is what a friend of mine asked me just the other day. I have an Android Tablet, but I have never owned any other smart phone. I like the tiles, I like the interface. The apps have always been an issue, a cool app comes out and of course it is not available on my phone. I have had almost every Nokia since Windows Phone 7 and one HTC.

So we have this app that used to be Nokia Music, better than its competitors. What does Microsoft do? Takes smart phones from Nokia and sells Mix Music to someone else, who first launches it for other devices then shuts it down a year later.

What are my options now? Xbox Music? Not a chance. Pandora? So limited it is really just sad. You plug in an artist on Pandora and they will play other artists that are kind of like it. If you plugged in any of those other artists you’d be listening to exactly the same station. They might as well have broad categories. It doesn’t learn my dislikes as far as I can tell, and I can’t find an option to go offline.

Music is now one less thing I can do on my phone.

So, why am I still using a Windows Phone? It seems they clearly are not interested in keeping customers. I thought they were trying to grow, but is the product really winding down?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Meanwhile, a new Here maps update has just made available on iOS when Here maps drop supports for windows phone and windows 10.

Important information about HERE apps on Windows Phone - HERE 360

2141pmt.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will continue to use HERE Maps data but many questions remain | Windows Central

FWIW, Maps on W10M has turn by turn with voice and draws from the HERE database for its mapping. Yes you can download the same mapping data as HERE for offline nav with Maps. Also in W10M you can save maps to SD card.

I've only seen two things lacking. You cannot download voicepacks to get a nav voice distinct from system voice and you cannot import HERE Collections to Maps Favorites.

Our Blog has you covered with alternatives as well: Check out these great alternatives to HERE Maps for Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes