What's involved with switching from WP to iPhone

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
As much as it pains me I've decided to switch for a bit, maybe a year or two.

How much hassle is it to migrate contacts and other info from WP to iPhone? Are there any utilities or tools you can use? I'm guessing a fair number of people have been through it already. Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sign into the same account used for contacts on your WP (probably your MS account) on your iPhone and voila, you have contacts, email, and calendar syncing.

As for text messages, they're probably going to be stuck on your MS account.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
just enter your email account login/passwd and it will pop up in your contact list.it is really easy . iphone is really boring ! just tried it and came back to wp.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You also don't have to use iCloud unless you want to. It's very possible to install Outlook and use that to share everything, including contacts. I don't use it at all. My contacts and all are hosted in outlook, and my camera uploads are set to backup to OneDrive. It does it without fail too. Cortana isn't as great though, but Siri is nice.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Sign into the same account used for contacts on your WP (probably your MS account) on your iPhone and voila, you have contacts, email, and calendar syncing.

As for text messages, they're probably going to be stuck on your MS account.
Great, thanks, didn't expect it to be that easy. I'm not concerned about text messages, there's nothing worth keeping there.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
just enter your email account login/passwd and it will pop up in your contact list.it is really easy . iphone is really boring ! just tried it and came back to wp.

I'm expecting boring, and expect to be back. I just need something for a while until the WP ecosystem settles down. I'm hoping there will be more manufacturers in the game soon, that 10 will mature, market share grows and the app store grows too. Then we can all live happily ever after.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
You also don't have to use iCloud unless you want to. It's very possible to install Outlook and use that to share everything, including contacts. I don't use it at all. My contacts and all are hosted in outlook, and my camera uploads are set to backup to OneDrive. It does it without fail too. Cortana isn't as great though, but Siri is nice.

Ok thanks, good to know. I avoid clouds like the plague. I don't use the voice stuff either, so no loss there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo