As much as it pains me I've decided to switch for a bit, maybe a year or two.

How much hassle is it to migrate contacts and other info from WP to iPhone? Are there any utilities or tools you can use? I'm guessing a fair number of people have been through it already. Thanks.
    03-14-2016 06:19 PM
    Sign into the same account used for contacts on your WP (probably your MS account) on your iPhone and voila, you have contacts, email, and calendar syncing.

As for text messages, they're probably going to be stuck on your MS account.
    03-14-2016 06:31 PM
    just enter your email account login/passwd and it will pop up in your contact list.it is really easy . iphone is really boring ! just tried it and came back to wp.
    03-14-2016 06:32 PM
    You also don't have to use iCloud unless you want to. It's very possible to install Outlook and use that to share everything, including contacts. I don't use it at all. My contacts and all are hosted in outlook, and my camera uploads are set to backup to OneDrive. It does it without fail too. Cortana isn't as great though, but Siri is nice.
    jsooney likes this.
    03-14-2016 07:27 PM
    Sign into the same account used for contacts on your WP (probably your MS account) on your iPhone and voila, you have contacts, email, and calendar syncing.

As for text messages, they're probably going to be stuck on your MS account.
    Great, thanks, didn't expect it to be that easy. I'm not concerned about text messages, there's nothing worth keeping there.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-14-2016 09:52 PM
    just enter your email account login/passwd and it will pop up in your contact list.it is really easy . iphone is really boring ! just tried it and came back to wp.
    I'm expecting boring, and expect to be back. I just need something for a while until the WP ecosystem settles down. I'm hoping there will be more manufacturers in the game soon, that 10 will mature, market share grows and the app store grows too. Then we can all live happily ever after.
    03-14-2016 09:56 PM
    You also don't have to use iCloud unless you want to. It's very possible to install Outlook and use that to share everything, including contacts. I don't use it at all. My contacts and all are hosted in outlook, and my camera uploads are set to backup to OneDrive. It does it without fail too. Cortana isn't as great though, but Siri is nice.
    Ok thanks, good to know. I avoid clouds like the plague. I don't use the voice stuff either, so no loss there.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-14-2016 09:57 PM