Will Windows Phone ever have the important official and updated apps like Snapchat ?

Yash Parikh

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
My first Windows Phone was a lumia 800. I have been a windows phone user ever since then due to its amazing new and fresh UI but still that was a time when there were none of the popular official social apps like Instagram. Even today although Instagram is available, it is way behind the app updates compared to Android amd ios versions. There is also no Snapchat still for the platform. Trust me I have been such a huge fan and supporter of Windows as a platform with the faith of its potential as a platform and a competitive scope.

But to be frank , I see it diminishing now when today I witness windows phone users switching back to android and ios. I know this becoz I was the one who constantly convinced them and made them love windows. Customers love the new OS especially windows 10 mobile. They find it much better and smoother than the icon layout of ios and android which looks too mainstream.

But still they r stuck to android and ios . Why ? Its only because of one reason - APPS ! The day windows phone has all the apps that android or ios has , I can be sure that no one will leave windows ever as they already love the hardware and software integration and other services. Its only the lack of apps that r holding them back

So please Microsoft. I hope u r reading this. I am infact writing this to u on behalf of all the windows phone users out there who too feel the same and want atleast the main apps like Snapchat , Instagram both official and up to date versions. I personally want Snapchat.

So please Developers and Microsoft, we really request u to start getting the apps onboard now. Its a high time or else I am afraid Windows phone will soon start loosing their users from the platform. Hope this post is taken to the top level.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it can be frustrating when apps are either unavailable or lacking features.

I'm not sure about Snapchat, but there will be an official Instagram for Windows 10 Mobile. It is currently in beta testing, but it's new. It's not the same Instagram Beta for Windows Phone 8.1 that never got updated.

Yash Parikh

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I am using the new Instagram beta app on my NL1520 running win10. Its much much better than the older beta app which never got updated. It seems to have been ported from iOS. I just hope one day Windows store has all the required apps that the customers want. I hope even Snapchat comes to the platform. :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My advice in short is to get a cheapo device, maybe even an iPhone 4 or old Android that has as least a CM11 ROM on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)