Yet another article about an official Starbucks app, but again through a third party:

Starbucks US to release a Windows Phone app - MSPoweruser

I'll only believe it when Starbucks stops beating about the bush and fully confirms it officially.

Then we'll know that Windows Phone has finally made it as this is the only app that matters
    03-23-2016 04:25 PM
    It would be nice to see! I don't go there frequently, but I liked Buckstar (until it stopped working) as it kept me in the know about how much was left on my card.

A Tim Hortons in the US would be even better. I'd never set foot in a Starbucks again!
    03-23-2016 05:19 PM
    It would be nice to see! I don't go there frequently, but I liked Buckstar (until it stopped working) as it kept me in the know about how much was left on my card.

A Tim Hortons in the US would be even better. I'd never set foot in a Starbucks again!
    There aren't any Tim Hortons where I live. 😞
    03-23-2016 05:41 PM
    Chain Store Maps - Tim Hortons vs Starbucks | Red Lion Data

In Canada, Tim's has 3,422 locations and Starbucks has 1,228

In the US, Starbucks has 11,174 locations and Tim's only has 804 US locations...

Here's Tim's in the US:

tim_hortons_usa.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 05:51 PM
    Michigan is as close as it gets for me. Still too far, unfortunately. Superior quality (and less expensive) than Starbucks! I miss Tims!

They're all huddled around Ontario and Quebec, targeting where Canadians frequent; assuming the average American wouldn't have interest in a Starbucks competitor. Simply not true! Any American I've known to visit Canada thinks Tim's superior in every way to Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
    03-23-2016 06:17 PM
    I wonder how many months before we'll see it though. Still T-Mobile will probably take a few months to make the
    W10M upgrade available for my Lumia 640 so no hurry I guess lol
    03-23-2016 07:14 PM
    According to this tweet:

So another two months then. I wonder why companies always announce things so far ahead?
    libra89 likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:29 PM
    I wonder why companies always announce things so far ahead?
    It's soporific.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-23-2016 10:43 PM
    Chain Store Maps - Tim Hortons vs Starbucks | Red Lion Data

In Canada, Tim's has 3,422 locations and Starbucks has 1,228

In the US, Starbucks has 11,174 locations and Tim's only has 804 US locations...

Here's Tim's in the US:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tim_hortons_usa.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	124177
    None within a 50 mile radius of Cleveland.
    03-24-2016 01:15 AM
    Yeah, it would quite a drive to go to another state or even 2 hours in the same state for some coffee. I would do it for tech, but not for drinks or food, unless I happen to be in the area.

I do wonder why now for Starbucks though. I see this being great for people who already use Windows Phone, but not enough for those on the fence.
    03-24-2016 08:19 AM
    Yeah, it would quite a drive to go to another state or even 2 hours in the same state for some coffee. I would do it for tech, but not for drinks or food, unless I happen to be in the area.

I do wonder why now for Starbucks though. I see this being great for people who already use Windows Phone, but not enough for those on the fence.
    I wondered exactly the same thing ie why now?

It seems this may be our answer:

"According to former Kevin Johnson, Starbucks President, COO and ex-Microsoft Windows division president the app should hit our OS by June at the latest."

ie I wonder if he wasn't a former Microsoft Employee if this would still be happening.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    03-24-2016 11:39 AM
    Personally I haven't used Starbucks in forever. Too over-hyped, pretentious and costly. If you have a Starbucks habit it is akin to smoking. Money best spent elsewhere... And I'm not trying to poke a bear here. I have both caffeine and nicotine dependencies. But I do try and manage my costs in terms of real dollars and life impact. I'm off tobacco and on e-cigs and I only brew at home with a decent priced bulk bean. I'm metering both and cutting down.

Even when I was all in with the coffee, I never particularly cared for Starbucks. Their atmosphere puts me right off and the prices make me cringe. The profit margin must be through the roof... And anyone handing out coffee in a paper cup need not be so smug.

If there was an App to make them disappear, I'd pay for that. It would improve the American landscape immensely. 11,174 locations is about 10,000 too many.
    Bittah Pupil likes this.
    03-24-2016 01:02 PM
    Personally I haven't used Starbucks in forever. Too over-hyped, pretentious and costly. If you have a Starbucks habit it is akin to smoking. Money best spent elsewhere... And I'm not trying to poke a bear here. I have both caffeine and nicotine dependencies. But I do try and manage my costs in terms of real dollars and life impact. I'm off tobacco and on e-cigs and I only brew at home with a decent priced bulk bean. I'm metering both and cutting down.

Even when I was all in with the coffee, I never particularly cared for Starbucks. Their atmosphere puts me right off and the prices make me cringe. The profit margin must be through the roof... And anyone handing out coffee in a paper cup need not be so smug.

If there was an App to make them disappear, I'd pay for that. It would improve the American landscape immensely. 11,174 locations is about 10,000 too many.
    I prefer local coffee shops, but there aren't many around these days.

I really don't spend any time in Starbucks, but I like to get coffee on the go. I like the convenience of using the Starbucks app to order on the go, avoid any line, and pick up my coffee.

When ordering using the app, there is no interaction with any of the employees. The drink is ready on the counter labeled with the buyer's name.
    libra89 and Bittah Pupil like this.
    03-24-2016 01:10 PM
    I wonder if this does make it to Windows Phone if it will be the poor stepchild app again or if it will be more fully featured and have the ordering capability of the iOS and Android versions...
    04-07-2016 05:01 PM
    Well 45 days have now passed and still no sign of this app yet. I can only assume they should be announcing something this month.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-07-2016 09:41 AM
    Well it's finally here. Just missing the preorder option, but I had a feeling that probably wouldn't be included. Still it's nice that Windows Phone users finally have their own official app

Let's hope it's kept updated and not left to stagnate like so many apps. If they do update it to include the preorder option that will be a good sign that they are serious about this app.
    libra89 and ananve like this.
    08-03-2016 08:52 AM
    Tried it out this morning. Seemed to work as expected ie nothing exciting to report. The fact that my Lumia 640 is SIMless didn't stop me as just used Starbucks WiFi. Could've also used my other phone's hotspot as well of course.
    ananve and libra89 like this.
    08-03-2016 11:46 AM
    I'm not in 3 countries but could download the app and use it for sure locator after seeing my region to UK.
    Can anyone like me try logging in using Starbucks card not from these 3 countries?
    08-03-2016 06:51 PM