When will W10M be on Win 8.1 level?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After being insider in fast ring for months, after last update I decided I had enough of this. I think I forgot what my Lumia 640XL is capable of, and Win 8.1 reminded me of that. Question emerged, when can we expect Windows 10 Mobile to be on the same level as Win 8.1, in terms of performance and stability? I really like this OS, but I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your view of performance and stability.

Lots of people (myself included) have been happy using the Fast ring builds for months. Some people will complain about the slightest problem and branding it a "showstopper".

The different rings are there for a purpose. It's up to you to put the effort into choosing which one you want to join, although you're free to swap between rings when you want to.

TLDR: It's your choice, your decision.

hesus

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
It depends on your view of performance and stability.

Lots of people (myself included) have been happy using the Fast ring builds for months. Some people will complain about the slightest problem and branding it a "showstopper".

The different rings are there for a purpose. It's up to you to put the effort into choosing which one you want to join, although you're free to swap between rings when you want to.

TLDR: It's your choice, your decision.

OK, this was written in the heat of the moment, after seeing how good 8.1 is. I joined slow ring now, as I could not get used to 8.1 layout again. Works well, pretty impressed so far, to be honest. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs