The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-06-2016 05:12 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    Upselling. This is how they get you to purchase Groove Music Pass; 100 GB of OneDrive for one month.
    04-13-2016 10:43 AM
    Upselling. This is how they get you to purchase Groove Music Pass; 100 GB of OneDrive for one month.
    So, in order to have enough OneDrive space to store my music files (which they sent me emails promoting and encouraging me to do), they want me to buy a music pass that eliminates the necessity of uploading my music files to OneDrive. Logic!
    04-13-2016 12:49 PM
    So, in order to have enough OneDrive space to store my music files (which they sent me emails promoting and encouraging me to do), they want me to buy a music pass that eliminates the necessity of uploading my music files to OneDrive. Logic!
    Yes. Microsoft ties all of its services together. Bing is OneDrive is Groove Music is Office 365. Play with one you'll end up playing with them all. That's how they're making their money these days.
    04-13-2016 01:58 PM
    I haven't gotten ny email explaining Changes to my storage quota, but when i just went in to OneDrive account and now it sys im going to havss storage om march 2017. I have 10TB storage now and will have 1TB after the change + 15GB loyalty bonus and 100GB Groove pass bonus. Im on an Office365 Home plan, ch explains the 1TB storage have. But I got it upgraded to "unlimited" Before startig me off with 10TB, which Im now loosing.
    04-14-2016 04:18 AM
    So did the reduction already take place for all affected? If i did not get an email that im affected and in my onedrive it does not show i have 30 gbs till 2x.xx.20xx will i keep my storage? Im not sure if i did this thing too keep my storage...
    04-14-2016 10:49 AM
    So did the reduction already take place for all affected? If i did not get an email that im affected and in my onedrive it does not show i have 30 gbs till 2x.xx.20xx will i keep my storage? Im not sure if i did this thing too keep my storage...
    Yes, it is already in effect.
    04-14-2016 11:08 AM
    I haven't gotten ny email explaining Changes to my storage quota, but when i just went in to OneDrive account and now it sys im going to havss storage om march 2017. I have 10TB storage now and will have 1TB after the change + 15GB loyalty bonus and 100GB Groove pass bonus. Im on an Office365 Home plan, ch explains the 1TB storage have. But I got it upgraded to "unlimited" Before startig me off with 10TB, which Im now loosing.
    Yeah that sucks. Especially when Amazon is still offering unlimited for $59.99 a year.
    04-14-2016 11:10 AM
    Yeah that sucks. Especially when Amazon is still offering unlimited for $59.99 a year.
    On the other hand you get 1TB with office 365 along with office and skype minutes. So which is the better offer? For storage alone, Amazon could work but for complete package with limited storage, office 365 works better
    04-16-2016 11:42 AM
    That is a lot of storage, lucky you. I had 10TB but when my 365 expired and I went to renew it, the storage defaulted to 1TB, I couldn't find a way to get that 10TB back
    The 10TB is the way they provided unlimited which is what I also had as a 365 subscriber. When reaching the 10TB another 10TB is given and so on. Its now 1TB (will be updates on everyones accounts at some point) I got an email this morning from MS that I wont be downgraded to 5GB as i registered to atay in the 15GB a while back. IMO 5GB or 15GB is disguising the FACT that Microsofts tag line includes 'Cloud First' and they have destroyed it.
    04-22-2016 07:47 AM
    The 10TB is the way they provided unlimited which is what I also had as a 365 subscriber. When reaching the 10TB another 10TB is given and so on. Its now 1TB (will be updates on everyones accounts at some point) I got an email this morning from MS that I wont be downgraded to 5GB as i registered to atay in the 15GB a while back. IMO 5GB or 15GB is disguising the FACT that Microsofts tag line includes 'Cloud First' and they have destroyed it.
    Cloud first. They want to sell it to us. That's why they are downgrading from 15 to 5.
    I received they email this past week and no option to keep 15 G
    04-24-2016 07:13 PM
    Cloud first. They want to sell it to us. That's why they are downgrading from 15 to 5.
    I received they email this past week and no option to keep 15 G
    Just curious, most of my friends who uses WP received an email several months back (December??) to opt in for the 15+15. All of them replied to opt in, no issues here...
    05-02-2016 01:59 AM
    Expensive and slow. Every other cloud is faster.
    05-02-2016 08:25 AM
    Just curious, most of my friends who uses WP received an email several months back (December??) to opt in for the 15+15. All of them replied to opt in, no issues here...
    like I said, I received their email about that subject just recently with no option. I'm from Canada
    05-02-2016 08:33 AM
    like I said, I received their email about that subject just recently with no option. I'm from Canada
    The email from MSFT to opt in was back in mid-Dec last year. I think you may have missed it, eh
    It was quite a big hoo-ha, even in these parts.. ....Malaysia!!
    Last edited by raycpl; 05-02-2016 at 11:23 AM.
    05-02-2016 11:08 AM
    The email from MSFT to opt in was back in mid-Dec last year. I think you may have missed it, eh
    It was quite a big hoo-ha, even in these parts.. ....Malaysia!!
    maybe or probably.....surely don't remember about it
    05-02-2016 11:40 AM
    I just got an email today even though I've already opted in. The whole thing is obnoxious and I'm just gonna find another primary storage solution. MS is so spread out they get so careless with particular segments of customers. It's also further confirmation to ditch Windows Mobile as a primary OS as well. The ride has grown old and tired. Not butthurt or pissed off. Just tired of it is all.
    05-06-2016 02:09 PM
    I wonder what happens to someone like me who currently subscribes to Office 365. I have 1TB on OneDrive. What if I decide to drop my subscription? I had no option to "opt in" to retain 15GB.
    05-06-2016 02:51 PM
    One drive was the last remaining Windows thing I held on to, since I returned to Android, now my 15gb had been revoked, moving away from Microsoft completely now, they are either struggling financially or just plain stupid, so many options out there for online storage.
    05-06-2016 03:27 PM
    Today I got the same email

Important changes to OneDrive

We want to inform you about some upcoming changes to OneDrive that will affect you. The amount of storage that comes with OneDrive will change from 15 GB to 5 GB. We are also discontinuing the 15 GB camera roll bonus. As a result of these changes, you will be over your OneDrive storage limit on August 10, 2016 (visit the Storage page to check your account). You can learn more at our FAQ.

To ease this transition, claim a free one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal.* This subscription includes 1 TB of OneDrive storage.

Alternatively, you can purchase additional storage,** or choose to remove some files.

We realize these are big changes to a service you rely on. We want to apologize for any frustration they may cause you. We made a difficult decision, but it's one that will let us sustainably operate OneDrive into the future.

Thank you for using OneDrive.
    – The OneDrive Team

I am lucky that I have Office 365 ProPlus with 1TB from my company so I can use it. But what if I didn't have this option?
    05-06-2016 04:15 PM
    I too, just relieved this ominous storage reduction email today. I will say that I think it is BULLS#it, I was never made aware of any opt-in option, and just did a search of all my emails, and the only thing I found was back on 2/25/16 alerting me that my 365 was going from unlimited to 1TB of storage, but nothing anywhere regarding this issue today about going from a total of 30GB to a net of 5GB. I don't make it a point to follow every aspect of trusted business's comings and goings, for I have other things to do...like taking care of my own customers.

I was taught to stand by your word. When you make a deal, you stand by it...PERIOD! You CAN NOT unilaterally change the rules half way through the game...PERIOD! I am sure there is the "small print" somewhere, and this is the part that pisses me off...it should be the "LARGE PRINT". I think that someone is taking advantage of others. I would be more than happy to help be part of a solution, if I was just asked (I have 10TB of promised storage and would be more than happy to give up what I will not use...again, if asked). I just get TRIED of every mismanaged entity thinking that their customers are suppose to suffer/pay for their errors. Roll someone else head, I already dizzy!
    Moez Juventus likes this.
    05-06-2016 05:12 PM
95 ... 234