OneDrive goes from 15GB to 5GB

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I did. I opted in in December and received the email that my storage is being reduced. :(

I could be wrong, but I think you had to have over 5 GB of data on Onedrive back when you opted in. Or at least at some point to show that you needed the storage and that you were losing a service you had counted on by the change in policy. I opted in on all of my families accounts. 2 of the accounts had well over 5 GB of data on them and never received the letter about being reduced. The other 3 accounts received the letter about losing storage. 2 of those were never over 5 GBs and 1 I uploaded stuff to to put over 5 GB but didn't do it until well after I had opted in.

wildb01

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think you had to have over 5 GB of data on Onedrive back when you opted in. Or at least at some point to show that you needed the storage and that you were losing a service you had counted on by the change in policy. I opted in on all of my families accounts. 2 of the accounts had well over 5 GB of data on them and never received the letter about being reduced. The other 3 accounts received the letter about losing storage. 2 of those were never over 5 GBs and 1 I uploaded stuff to to put over 5 GB but didn't do it until well after I had opted in.

That does not seem to be the case in my situation. My wife is using less then 340mb and mine is at 3.99GB.

If there was a way to just switch my wife and I I would be happy. My wife doesn't even understand what OneDrive is that is why I feel like this is just wrong.

I am using my Dropbox account as my secondary backup now but really wanted to get away from anything Google related as much as possible.

Wildb

Dinu Noroc

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking whether or not you know that Microsoft had given OneDrive users about two months' time to prevent reduction in their storage space o_O I had 30GB of total OneDrive storage space before Microsoft announced its decision to reduce free storage and I still have 30GB after signing up for preventing the reduction. Or am I getting something wrong here?

Absolutely agree with you.

The reduced free storage is for new users and those who don't need it. Otherwise everybody had 2 month to claim the need of the 30GB they had so far.

anachrotech

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

Nice of them. I have 4.8 GB used atm. I can't imagine my going over 5 GB. /s

weiser159

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
For those of us who don't recall reading this email how do we know if we will be affected by this reduction? Currently, my account is showing 9.74 GB used of the available 30 GB. I get that we had a grace period to set things right, but it would be nice to have a way to confirm whether or not we need to transfer files without having to remember a particular email. So, I guess what I'm asking is if we indeed can confirm that now. Thanks!

wildb01

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
For those of us who don't recall reading this email how do we know if we will be affected by this reduction? Currently, my account is showing 9.74 GB used of the available 30 GB. I get that we had a grace period to set things right, but it would be nice to have a way to confirm whether or not we need to transfer files without having to remember a particular email. So, I guess what I'm asking is if we indeed can confirm that now. Thanks!

In my case I received a email a few days ago stating my account was going to be reduced.

When I log into OneDrive and click on the link that says how much storage I have available (lower left corner of main page) it shows my storage and right next to it it says - valid through 7/13/2016.

Wildb

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So out of all the cloud base online storage which do you guys think offers the best value?

The problem is they change their value proposition at the drop of a hat. Im guessing Amazon is good at the moment, IMO the best one is the one you yourself have control over, would be faster too.

JaninatorXd

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So if in my settings under space there is still 30gbs and nothing like one poster mentioned till some date (ex. 20.04.16) i will keep my 30 gbs? i dont remember if i did this action to keep storage.... i dont find anything in my mails.... also no "reduction mail". my question is did the reduction allready take place for ALL that will be affected? thanks in advance and sry for bad english, but its not my first language ;)

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I still have 40GB for free.
  • 15GB from my free plan. I just checked it is still 15GB.
  • 15GB from cameral roll bonus.
  • 10GB from loyalty bonus.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Me thinks many have missed the email several months back on the changes... oh well..

I have 130GB (Free 15GB, Camera roll 15GB and Bing Bonus 100GB !!!)
My usage is only 8.76GB, which is basically backup for camera and pictures, and several music albums.

Have absolutely no complains...

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Upselling. This is how they get you to purchase Groove Music Pass; 100 GB of OneDrive for one month.

So, in order to have enough OneDrive space to store my music files (which they sent me emails promoting and encouraging me to do), they want me to buy a music pass that eliminates the necessity of uploading my music files to OneDrive. Logic!

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
So, in order to have enough OneDrive space to store my music files (which they sent me emails promoting and encouraging me to do), they want me to buy a music pass that eliminates the necessity of uploading my music files to OneDrive. Logic!

Yes. Microsoft ties all of its services together. Bing is OneDrive is Groove Music is Office 365. Play with one you'll end up playing with them all. That's how they're making their money these days.

Hasse Lovborg

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I haven't gotten ny email explaining Changes to my storage quota, but when i just went in to OneDrive account and now it sys im going to havss storage om march 2017. I have 10TB storage now and will have 1TB after the change + 15GB loyalty bonus and 100GB Groove pass bonus. Im on an Office365 Home plan, ch explains the 1TB storage have. But I got it upgraded to "unlimited" Before startig me off with 10TB, which Im now loosing.

JaninatorXd

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So did the reduction already take place for all affected? If i did not get an email that im affected and in my onedrive it does not show i have 30 gbs till 2x.xx.20xx will i keep my storage? Im not sure if i did this thing too keep my storage...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)