What is going to happen to Nokia phones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a nokia c3-00 and i understand that all nokia phones will be phrased out. So what is going to happen to my phone? is there a way of sending the phones back to you? What am i going to do with my phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: what is going to happen to nokia phones

I have a nokia c3-00 and i understand that all nokia phones will be phrased out. So what is going to happen to my phone? is there a way of sending the phones back to you? What am i going to do with my phone.

you stay with your phone until you decide to get a new model. If you want to get rid of your current Nokia phone, you can sell it someone or gift it to someone or send it to the nearest recycling centre

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Keep your phone, it will continue to work.
This site is run by Windows fans / enthusiasts and isn't affiliated with Microsoft or Nokia, so don't send it here.
Not sure where you heard or read this news, but it would probably be a headline on this site if it were true.
If you have any more worries, join the forum so that you can reply to this post.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Most likely what you've heard is that older models won't be manufactured or sold anymore. This is the normal course of business.

There's nothing preventing you continuing to use anything long after they aren't sold anymore.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Probably most Nokia phones (if the owners dont want them) will be given away or just trashed. Everything has a life cycle (even smartphones). Its just the way it is.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your Series 40 UI driven C3-00 is pretty well self contained. It should continue chugging along just fine. It may not get any more Java Applets written for it (and probably has not had any new ones for years), but what is on board should continue functioning just fine...

Are you experiencing any dropped services? Other issues?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have read rumblings that Nokia are teaming up with blackberry and going to create new phones using the blackberry standard mixed with Symbian so like watch this space. It's only rumour but I don't see any reason why your old Nokia would not work. It just won't receive updates but because so many Nokia phones have windows installed they will be updated. ALL Nokia phones work as long as you have the correct sim and have credit on your phone. My Nokia 3330 still works and it sends texts, receives them, makes and receives calls and even uses the old GPRS web standard to show up websites in the classic black and green lit screen. Don't worry :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12