6 days ago my Lucia Icon died. Kaput. I switched to AT&T with the intention of getting a 950 or switching to a Galaxy S7. I decided to go with the Galaxy because of a deal with directv only good with a Galaxy device. Long story short, that fell through, and here I am unsure what to do...do I stick it out and hope this S7 grows on me, or take the chance that Microsoft is going to soon double down on WP and return it for a 950?

First, this S7 is a stunning device. Just beautiful and feels premium in every way. The 950...doesn't. It's comparatively ugly in my eyes, and feels cheap next to this thing. Also it's great to have Snapchat again, and the knowledge that development will always be secure for Androids platform and apps.

That being said... I really miss my icon and WP as a platform. I miss the perfect integration with my computer. I miss the amazing typing experience. I miss the start screen. I HATE the terrible groove app on Android, and don't know if Microsoft has plans to get that up to speed.

I'm just nervous to go back and get a 950 on the chance that the app gap doesn't get better, and the recent lack of WP attention paid at build. I also just wish the 950 was in line with other premium devices like the S7, and I do think want to settle for a ho hum phone.

So..... What would you do?
    04-13-2016 09:20 PM
    I'm just nervous to go back and get a 950 on the chance that the app gap doesn't get better, and the recent lack of WP attention paid at build. I also just wish the 950 was in line with other premium devices like the S7, and I do think want to settle for a ho hum phone.
    LOL I just don't get this Build is aimed at devs and what they can do for our platform. I'm a consumer that loves tech so I paid attention to the conference. Before the conference started WC posted an article stating that we wouldn't get to see any new hardware and it turns out the writer was right (awesome sources lol), but I still watched the vids. Reason? it gives you a sense of where the platform (windows 10) is heading and what is possible.

While it is true that MS did not focus solely on mobiles, they did focus on the bigger picture... which is windows 10.... but this wasn't your question and I'm sorry to bring it up. Just felt like I needed to do it...

Should you stick with your S7? yes.. the 950 and the XL aren't pretty but they will get the job done. However if apps are what you're looking for and what you need right now, that S7 is your hero
    04-13-2016 09:33 PM
    Stick with your S7. Just get a cheapo 640/XL to play with until something you cannot live without comes out.
    04-13-2016 10:05 PM
    Drive the S7 and play with a $30 640 GoPhone. It's really not worth all the stress and the S7 will hold some resale value later on.
    04-13-2016 10:25 PM