Is windows mobile really dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werner6769

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed but still hopeful. The original wp8 turned me into a fan of Microsoft products. This was quite a feat as I was a Linux guy at the time. This got me interested in the desktop windows 8/8.1 also. The desktop windows 10 is good but the mobile version is still a bit of a mess. Such a smooth running os on 8 and 8.1 phone and they just butchered it. Even on the phones that came with it pre installed. I will buy a windows 10 mobile device when I'm satisfied that the major issues are all worked out. Like a release os should be.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that in this community, at least 50%. I use it just as a music/media player now, no longer my daily driver until my favorite apps return or update.

My last windows phone broke (L640) last month. I no longer have interest in buying one just to have one. I'd almost be inclined to buy a cheap Android phone to experiment with launchers and ROMs before buying another Windows Phone--at least until it is on par with the other OSes.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Funny you mentionedthat because it was such a strong music player to begin with that I left iPhone and android for it, then Microsoft proceeded to remove all of that great stuff about it.

It is still my daily driver, but I totally understand people moving to other platforms. I just have a simpler need which is text and phone and very few apps so it doesn't bother me.

I also left Xbox Music this month after being a longtime Zune user. The annoying "Karaoke" song versions for some newer popular songs was wearing me a little thin. I ended up switching to another streaming music service with a bigger catalog, more features, and a cheaper price tag for my family. Xbox music also sucks on iPhone, so when my wife switched to that phone it just caused a bunch of unnecessary and expensive headaches.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I really think now that the biggest problem that Microsoft had is marketing, no commercials, not selling lumia phone in latin America for over a year, no publicity about continuum, etc. Ok maybe this isn't the year of mobile according to MS, but common, no marketing for over a year? Maybe windows mobile become a hipster OS and that way it can be saved

rodneyej would LOVE this post. :grincry:

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This.

Also, it's important to note that it was the CARRIERS who chose to do that, not the manufacturer. That makes a huge difference!

Yeah. The carriers can sell the phones at a loss or at no profit and still make profit off of service contracts.

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, MS just lost 2 more users. My wife and I just moved on over the weekend - she went to iPhone and I went to Android. Maybe some day I'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire