Can anyone suggest a smart lock (for a door) that is currently available to buy that will function with windows phone?

Currently between myself and family, we Use WP8.1 and W10M (L930 & L950).
    Am after something that will allow me to access it remotely.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    04-25-2016 08:43 AM
    Old thread, but did you ever end up deciding on anything? I'm pretty much in the same boat. Are there any out there with a public API?
    07-07-2016 08:49 AM
    Thought I'd update this thread in case anyone is looking in the future, but I found a combination that works for me. I looked around for a little while and wasn't able to find any smart lock with an app that worked natively with WM10, but it occurred to me that I could use a home automation hub + smart lock. I ended up choosing the Samsung SmartThings hub + a Kwikset 914 lock, which works off of z-wave.

This combo works well for me because
    • Keypad on the front door now, so I don't even bother keeping a key on my keychain
    • Official SmartThings app for WM10, so I can use my phone to check the status. Don't currently use it for unlocking as I find it faster to just punch in my code than to pull out my phone open the app, unlock the door. I think I'm going to try setting up some rules so that if the hub detects my phone arriving home it will automatically unlock the front door

What's not so great and I would like improved
    • Occasionally the lock loses connectivity with the hub. Could be that the hub is too far away. I could fix this by moving the hub to a more central location (it's kind of in the opposite corner of the house right now) or get additional z-wave devices, which apparently act as repeaters for each other
    • No NFC for the door lock. Would be nice if I could use the phone to unlock without using the app, just touch the lock. Certainly not a deal breaker though

One last thing that I thought was neat that I'll throw out there and may experiment with if I ever have time... there's an Arduino shield for the SmartThings hub... Windows 10 on Arduino... add a camera.... possible facial recognition unlocking of my front door???
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-17-2016 10:07 AM